Are subscription music download services for non-internet MP3 players still in existence?
Jul 26, 2016 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sennheiserhd485

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I've spent many years greatly satisfied with both the Zune and Xbox Music subscription passes, but it seems when Groove Music came along, the ability to use the subscription with my Zune 120 MP3 player ended. So naturally, I looked at other subscription services, and it seems literally all of them require you to have a compatible device that has Internet capability, which my Zune 120 does not. So I am wondering if anyone knows of an unlimited music download subscription service for MP3 players! $10 a month for unlimited song downloads is affordable to me, while paying $1.50 a song is NOT. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 2
*Gentle bump*

No one has any ideas for me? :frowning2:

Before Zune was turned into Groove Music, I could download unlimited music to my non-internet mp3 player by use of a USB cable. The service was $10.00 per month and considered itself a subscription. It seems now that you MUST have a device with internet connectivity or you won't be able to use any subscription service. I personally think this is absurd since mp3 players (non-internet) typically sound far better than internet devices (e.g., tablets, phones, computers, etc). Sadly, I have an expensive ($300.00) mp3 player and can no longer download subscription music to it. I say sadly because the non-internet mp3 player I have now wasn't cheap, and it's basically going to be useless and a waste if I can't find an unlimited song download, charge per month subscription service like I had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back