Are Koss KSC75 OK for the gym?
May 29, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 21
I use mine when I'm on the treadmill and they have never fallen off. If you have a loose fit out of the package you can always bend the clips.

May 29, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 21
My wife has used uses hers for the gym, but if yours is like ours it really doesn't work. With the jock-rock, weights clanging, and ocassional grunting: the ambient noise is too much, shes back with her ibuds. I use iems and they are perfect for this. The koss 'phones would be good for outdoor workouts, though, when true isolation is not needed. Good luck.

May 29, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 21
As much as I like the KSC75, they won't work for me on the nearby neighbourhood gym.

They play their own songs, so I'd go with semi-canals or IEMs.

If the gym's all quiet and such tho, go for the KSC75s, but don't let the music distract you
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 21
I'd say they work just fine, the sweat would be better for these rather than an IEM where they can get inside, really.. As long as you tighten the clips up a little, they've always worked fine for me.

May 29, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 21
the ksc sem kinda loose, the px100 stay on my head nicely. Also the volume control on the ksc75 can be a pain when running, it feels like someone is tugging your cord. Px100 is my choice of gym use headphones.

May 30, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
the ksc sem kinda loose, the px100 stay on my head nicely. Also the volume control on the ksc75 can be a pain when running, it feels like someone is tugging your cord. Px100 is my choice of gym use headphones.

#1 - That is why you get the one without the volume control on it.
#2 - Tighen the clip up by just bending it a little, works like a charm.

I personally would not be able to stand a big ol' sweatband (which it will become) on the top of my head while working out. But again, these are my opinions
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
#1 - That is why you get the one without the volume control on it.
#2 - Tighen the clip up by just bending it a little, works like a charm.

I personally would not be able to stand a big ol' sweatband (which it will become) on the top of my head while working out. But again, these are my opinions
biggrin.gif

#1: Problem kiddo: Koss doesnt produe anymore ksc75 w/o the volume control anymore. Maybe there's some out there but, they'll run out.
#2: px100 sounds better
#3: they dont even soak that much from the padding up there. Well its strange...my sweat doesnt travel up my hair and into the pads....My sweat goes down my face...
rolleyes.gif

#4: Form someone who owns both, px100 are way better.

May 30, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

#1: Problem kiddo: Koss doesnt produe anymore ksc75 w/o the volume control anymore. Maybe there's some out there but, they'll run out.
#3: they dont even soak that much from the padding up there. Well its strange...my sweat doesnt travel up my hair and into the pads....My sweat goes down my face...
rolleyes.gif

re #2: Even after dremel mod on ksc75?? I really doubt it.

May 30, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

#1: Amazon has a giant stock of the ones without the volume control I've heard and bought a pair recently and it came without the volume control.
#2: I've tried the px100 and the KCS-75, personally, I like the sound of the KSC-75s better, although the px100s are very good as well, right up there with the KSC-75s IMO, just a different experience, that is all.
#3: I know that, silly, but I dont know, maybe its just me, but I don't really like the feeling of something constraining my head while working out.

I see where you are coming from and understand from your opinions, It's all your own preferences really, I don't mean to start a flame war over this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back