Are Free Ringtones Really Free?
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to get a custom ringtone or two, but didn't want to pay for it, so I searched for it online. I came across some websites, but this one from "Ventones" seemed to be free. Just for reference. here is the link:

Free Ringtones - Download, Share and Make Ringtones : Ventones.com

A lot of Google searches came up with similar answers from different usernames... is this place worth the hassle? Has anyone used them before?

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 7
What I do is take a song or whatever that I want to cut something from, use Audacity to get only the part I want, and then use a place called funformobile. It's worked great for me in the past and it's free.

I can't say anything about that website you've linked though.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I do is take a song or whatever that I want to cut something from, use Audacity to get only the part I want, and then use a place called funformobile. It's worked great for me in the past and it's free.

I can't say anything about that website you've linked though.

woo! thanks for the link

that is actually what i am looking for
beerchug.gif

i'll try it out in a jiffy

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 7
I don't care. I wanted my phone to sound like a phone, so i scoured the intertubes for a public licensed recording of an old phone with a mechanical bell, and my phone lets me use any sound file as a ring tone.

When my little sister calls, it plays the entire Simpsons theme. But the rest of the time it sounds like an old Western Electric desk phone with a mechanical ringer.

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use audacity to make my own ring tones too. Some phones can be picky about the audio format, so I'd save it as a 128kbps mp3.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back