Are audiophiles Cat Person or Dog Person?
Jan 13, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #46 of 129
DSCN0577.jpg

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #47 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cats, OTOH, are absolutely indifferent to everyone and instinctively independent. Their love is not unconditional or automatic. When a cat loves you, it's for real. You have to *earn* that trust and love.

Sounds like Chow chow to me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #48 of 129
Quote:

There's no trick to making a dog love you. Dogs go ape-crap for everyone-- you, your spouse, the mailman, the plumber... They're biologically programmed to automatically LOVE the alpha-dog (you).

Cats, OTOH, are absolutely indifferent to everyone and instinctively independent. Their love is not unconditional or automatic. When a cat loves you, it's for real. You have to *earn* that trust and love.

For me, cats are just about the greatest thing here on planet Earth!
3000smile.gif

Well, when I watch COPs, the dogs sure don't look like they love the bad guys... Dogs can be trained to protect and that means they will not just love anyone.

My vote is for dogs... they protect, they rescue, they provide direction to the blind, hunt down bad guys, etc.... Their purposes are many and defined by their owners.

Jan 13, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #50 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But dogs are more work.

HPIM0040.jpg

But it looks like all your dogs only like to sleep SACD lover
biggrin.gif
I'm allergic to cats, so it's dogs for me. My dog looks exactly like my avatar, so I'm probably never changing it.

BTW, a dog can be selective in how much love it gives.....it's just not as cold as a cat
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #51 of 129
Quote:

There's no trick to making a dog love you. Dogs go ape-crap for everyone-- you, your spouse, the mailman, the plumber... They're biologically programmed to automatically LOVE the alpha-dog (you).

3000smile.gif

I agree. I was always a bit undecided about cats growing up, but after having one I realized the way a cat loves you is pretty darn special. Makes your life a million times better when they cuddle up in your lap or by your side at night to sleep with you when you feel down and all. Cats are an awesome anti-depressant, at least for me

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #53 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodydoorknob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, you can't roll and toss around a cat while playing without getting clawed or hissed at.

I can do that with one of my cats. In fact I don't think she's ever gotten me with her claws at all, not even by accident.
biggrin.gif

She's terrified of new people though, and will growl and get ticked off if anyone else in my family tries to play rough with her, although she doesn't hiss and claw with them either.

Jan 13, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #54 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnaround /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the "Show Your Pet" and "Show Your Pet II" threads -- wow, a lot of you guys have some very handsome pets. I saw a whole lotta cats.

I would think there are a lot more hi-fi'ers who are "cat people" vs "dog people".

drclaw.jpg

I didn't know Inspector Gadget drove a deLorean!!!!!
blink.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #58 of 129
Quote:

3000smile.gif

My dad told me that cats are the most disloyal animals on this planet.

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #60 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad told me that cats are the most disloyal animals on this planet.

Well that settles it. Konig's dad says cats are disloyal. Close the thread. The crops are getting ripe; everyone back to the fields.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back