Are any bluetooth earbuds as good as bluetooth headphones?
May 11, 2024 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Revelation Sound

Head-Fier
I have the B&W PX8 headphones, and any earbuds I have compared them to don't come close in having music sound big, full and offering the nice low end of the PX8 or Bathys. Granted the in ears have much smaller speakers so perhaps you can't expect them to sound as good. I would like to try the Sennheiser 900's but they are wired and not bluetooth. Using them with my Android phone would require extra hardware to add to the phone in order for them to work.

Is to much for us to expect earbuds to sound as good as decent headphones?

May 12, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 4
I would not consider myself an authority on the subject, because the best headphones I own are the Sony WH-XB900N, but I've been trying the Airpods Pro 2 and am VERY impressed with them... Of course, I'd only recommend them if you have an Apple device. Or you could buy the KZ AZ20 Bluetooth adaptor and pair it with any C-pin earbud, so that opens the door for a totally customizable Bluetooth set. The AZ20 is very capable, has no cheap static hiss that poor quality Bluetooth devices have, and have enough power to make even planar earbuds sound full and musical [I tried them with the KZ Symphony] and the battery life is outstanding.

May 12, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 4
I would add that with the Airpods PRO 2, I tried importing an audiogram from an app, and it made them sound dull... I tried the little sound test in the settings instead, very carefully considered the 3-4 questions [which tone sounds better] and they chose vocal booster EQ, and I must say, they sound WAY better than the stock mode now. I also got some Azla sednaEarfit MAX tips which also made a huge improvement, both sonically and for comfort as well.

May 12, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 4
The Lenovo GM2 Pro often can be had for $6-7 during sales. The combination of low-latency, nice bass and sound volume for the price is borderline criminal.

Or like mentioned earlier go with an Evo / decent Q5181-based earhook adapter paired to your favorite easy-to-drive IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back