aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
May 13, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #2,116 of 2,166
Eppfun has released a new firmware for the AK3040 Pro Max. See their download area (https://www.meppfun.com/file-share).

I don't know what they fixed, but I've been in contact with their support and it seems that they listen to feedback and try to solve things. So you might want to contact them if you are having problems with the dongle.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Just finished the update, thanks for sharing!

1715612334246.png

May 14, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #2,121 of 2,166
Eppfun has released a new firmware for the AK3040 Pro Max. See their download area (https://www.meppfun.com/file-share).

I don't know what they fixed, but I've been in contact with their support and it seems that they listen to feedback and try to solve things. So you might want to contact them if you are having problems with the dongle.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Tried to download the driver update and the firmware. My windows 11 PC would not create the application. I updated the driver through windows though, let's see if that helps it

May 14, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #2,123 of 2,166
With my iPhone 15 Pro I can't get the benefits of aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless or even aptX HD/LDAC

So I am looking for an device that I can attach to my iPhone 15 pro that can work as a BT sender to my BT headphones.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Torben

May 14, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #2,125 of 2,166
May 14, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #2,127 of 2,166
After more testing the Eppfun AK3040 Pro Max makes Aptx Lossless unusable as it randomly cuts out of paired with a phone. Can't download firmware properly and with no instructions how to either.

Getting FlooGoo FMA120 now​

Yup that was my conclusion as well
Thanksfully it's still in the return window from amazon 😅
No such issues with mine. Plugged into flip 4 and paired with denon perl pro. Aptx lossless is stable. Automatically switches between lossless and adaptive hq depending on bit rate. Lossless for 44.1/48, adaptive hq for anything higher. Lossless does have a huge delay during video playback in which case I manually switch to aptx ll.

Between, there's a notice on product page. Hopefully you guys updated your firmware.

[Important notice] If you find that the product has an aptx loss connection issue, please go to the official website to update and download the eppfun AK3040Pro MAX upgrade software. The software file name is eppfun AK3040Pro MAX V2.0 (0509)

May 14, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #2,128 of 2,166
No such issues with mine. Plugged into flip 4 and paired with denon perl pro. Aptx lossless is stable. Automatically switches between lossless and adaptive hq depending on bit rate. Lossless for 44.1/48, adaptive hq for anything higher. Lossless does have a huge delay during video playback in which case I manually switch to aptx ll.

Between, there's a notice on product page. Hopefully you guys updated your firmware.

[Important notice] If you find that the product has an aptx loss connection issue, please go to the official website to update and download the eppfun AK3040Pro MAX upgrade software. The software file name is eppfun AK3040Pro MAX V2.0 (0509)
my issue with pro max is it automatically use LE3 codec with no way to turn that off
So my Senn MTW4 is practically useless when connect to the pro max

May 15, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #2,129 of 2,166

Yes :)

"This is mainly aimed at mobile devices, especially since iPhones only support SBC/AAC transmission. It's quite a pity not to be able to connect them to high-end Bluetooth receivers. So, we've designed a very compact accessory that supports LDAC transmission. Simply plug it into the interface of an iPhone, and you'll have LDAC transmission capability."

Are there similar products on the market right now?

THX

Torben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back