Apple may acquire Beats: What say you?
May 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

doublea71

Headphoneus Supremus
How do you feel about this?
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/reports-apple-could-buy-beats-electronics-for-3-2-85160155814.html

May 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 9
I am surprised by this (if they do actually aquire this company). Apple's players have tended to be a little colourful, not that far from neutral and fairly high quality. The headphones that Beats make to look at the frequency response curves have masses of bass which appeals to some. The fashion aspect links in with Apple, it will be interesting to see if or how the acquisition goes.

May 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 9
It may have more to do with streaming music than headphones.

May 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 9
Who cares?
I don't!

May 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 9

It's just the kind of thing Steve Jobs would not even consider imo

why?  you think jobs hated marketing, you think that he hand picked ibuds because they were so amazing sounding, you think he fought  the dropping of wolfson dacs and moving to the vastly cheaper cirrus logic ones in the ipod and that he battle against the ipod "classic" evolution stalling years ago and having shifted entirely to screen centric devices?

to be clear i have no problem with corporations acting in the pursuit of money, that is what they exist for but lets try not to pretend that apple "cares" about audio quality.  they care about your money, as all companies do.

May 13, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 9

why?  you think jobs hated marketing, you think that he hand picked ibuds because they were so amazing sounding, you think he fought  the dropping of wolfson dacs and moving to the vastly cheaper cirrus logic ones in the ipod and that he battle against the ipod "classic" evolution stalling years ago and having shifted entirely to screen centric devices?

to be clear i have no problem with corporations acting in the pursuit of money, that is what they exist for but lets try not to pretend that apple "cares" about audio quality.  they care about your money, as all companies do.

Please get off your high horse and stop talking like only you can see through marketing fluff, idol worship or what not. We are not that stupid.

The reason this acquisition would be weird is simply because it's redundant, as you pointed out, and yes, because it's a methodology Jobs wouldn't have chosen to further his pursuit of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back