Anything happening in North or South Carolina?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #31 of 51
Around June (when I graduate the fire academy and finish my 2 week annual training) I'd like to give it a whirl. So if we can get some motion going for a meet around that time frame I'll do what I can.

EDIT: Also been craving to listen to that LCD-XC and moth audio again. By far best thing I've ever heard (for my personal tastes [best has to go to the SR009 and that combo he had]).
I'd like to try to help out, but I'm just super busy with high school right now, I have 3 AP classes this semester and I'm trying to finish up my Eagle Scout Project by the end of this month.

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #32 of 51
Anyone here going to be at Canjam NYC? I will be there for most of Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #33 of 51
Within the next 2 weeks from the date of the is post, I will be receiving the Empire Ears X Effect Audio - "Arthur" with exclusive Exclaibur cable for review. I am local to Lincolnton/Charlotte area. Would anyone like to demo it and give some input for my review? And have a small meet up somewhere?

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #34 of 51
The Arthur is based on the Empire Ears Zeus-R. Here is a link to the product page and the Review Tour thread.

http://www.effectaudio.com/arthur-856.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823556/effect-audio-x-empire-ears-introducing-arthur-usa-europe-tour

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #35 of 51
Dellwolf Excellent choice! I found the Empire Ears table way too late in the game on Sunday, and Steve and Dean were kind enough to stay late while I gave the Zeus XIV a thorough listen :ear:. I never had time to check out Arthur! But I decided to go with Empire Ears as opposed to Noble, so the meet was really worth it for me. Met so many nice people and learned so much. I'm a newbie to this all, and that's why these meets are so important to me. But yeah, anytime there's an NC get-together, I'm down. Maybe we could pick a spot in the middle of us all. I'm in the triangle area.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #36 of 51
Dellwolf Excellent choice! I found the Empire Ears table way too late in the game on Sunday, and Steve and Dean were kind enough to stay late while I gave the Zeus XIV a thorough listen :ear:. I never had time to check out Arthur! But I decided to go with Empire Ears as opposed to Noble, so the meet was really worth it for me. Met so many nice people and learned so much. I'm a newbie to this all, and that's why these meets are so important to me. But yeah, anytime there's an NC get-together, I'm down. Maybe we could pick a spot in the middle of us all. I'm in the triangle area.
What did you end up purchasing? I have the Spartan ADEL.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #37 of 51
  To revive this thread:

I am in the RDU area and am very open to a meet.  I seem to remember reading that some locals gathered in Wake Forest (10-15 minutes from my humble abode) a short time ago.

Might have some challenges convincing the Chief of Staff that a remote meet is possible, but anything out toward Greensboro/Winston Salem and east to Greenville (NC) or even Wilmington could be done in a day trip.

Charlotte and points in SC are definitely overnighters.  Not entirely out the realm of possibility...I'll monitor this thread for further interest.

I believe you're referring to Tom's Mini Meet

An attempt to revive this thread again:

I've organized 5 or 6 meets in the Charlotte area and Dannyb put together 3 or 4. it's time for someone new to stet up
and take charge. Anyone willing to do that can contact me for help.

Alex, while I don't live in Charlotte, I have enjoyed the past 3 or 4 events put together by yourself, DannyB, Jason (JWahl), and Army-Firedawg.  Since I don't live in Charlotte, I wouldn't be much help scheduling and setting up a meet there, but I can certainly help with financing some of the meet.  If this is a driving force to make CanFest 6 happen, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.  I look forward to traveling to Charlotte each year for a meet, and it would certainly be awkward to break that tradition.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #38 of 51
To revive this thread:

I am in the RDU area and am very open to a meet.  I seem to remember reading that some locals gathered in Wake Forest (10-15 minutes from my humble abode) a short time ago.

Might have some challenges convincing the Chief of Staff that a remote meet is possible, but anything out toward Greensboro/Winston Salem and east to Greenville (NC) or even Wilmington could be done in a day trip.

Charlotte and points in SC are definitely overnighters.  Not entirely out the realm of possibility...I'll monitor this thread for further interest.

I live in Winston (clemmons area) would love to meet up if anybody is willing to come to Winston area

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #39 of 51
I live in Lincolnton

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #40 of 51
Are we still waiting for someone to organize this meet-up? If someone is already organizing things
then I will be willing to help. If not, I can set a date, time, and place for a meetup for anyone to come.
My only barrier would be to get vendors to come because I sadly do not have connections in the audio world.
I would be happy to try. Maybe we can get a poll up to see where people would prefer the meet and put up 
several possible weekends that people can vote on to find the best date as well. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #41 of 51
Are we still waiting for someone to organize this meet-up? If someone is already organizing things
then I will be willing to help. If not, I can set a date, time, and place for a meetup for anyone to come.
My only barrier would be to get vendors to come because I sadly do not have connections in the audio world.
I would be happy to try. Maybe we can get a poll up to see where people would prefer the meet and put up 
several possible weekends that people can vote on to find the best date as well. 
I can probably get a couple vendors if I have enough notice of the date and location.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #44 of 51
If I end up finding a spot, I will likely plan in Greensboro because it is between Raleigh and Charlotte.

Greensboro is nice place, I am only 30 mins from that place.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #45 of 51
Is there going to be a CanFest 6? I missed the #5 last March in Cornelius where I live.

8 posts in 11 years, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back