Anything cool to do in Blacksburg Virginia?
Sep 5, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 3
My wife went virginia tech.
We regulary visit balcksburg at my wedding anniversary.
I am pretty much familiar with that place.

But What can you expect from a little univ town?
It is like a good place to live after you retired.

My advice for you is, I saw "guys and doll" at VT few years ago and that was impressive, I think that was real broadway crew from New York. So, check VT callendar to see if they have some events. Also check some restaurants there. Shaky's for chicken wings and chillie soup, Macados for lunch, and Mill mountain for a cup of coffee. Oh, another advice, do not speed. Lots of cops at highway arround the VT. If you want park/drive in VT, visit VT police and get a free guest parking ticket.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey thanks for the advice.

Actually, my wife's brother was a professor at VT, and he is actually getting married somewhere on the Campus grounds.

I will see if I can check out some of the stuff you suggested.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife went virginia tech.
We regulary visit balcksburg at my wedding anniversary.
I am pretty much familiar with that place.

But What can you expect from a little univ town?
It is like a good place to live after you retired.

My advice for you is, I saw "guys and doll" at VT few years ago and that was impressive, I think that was real broadway crew from New York. So, check VT callendar to see if they have some events. Also check some restaurants there. Shaky's for chicken wings and chillie soup, Macados for lunch, and Mill mountain for a cup of coffee. Oh, another advice, do not speed. Lots of cops at highway arround the VT. If you want park/drive in VT, visit VT police and get a free guest parking ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back