Anything better (neutral to cold) than the hugo 2?
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LifeLiquid

New Head-Fier
Anything better (neutral to cold) than the hugo 2? I'm looking for alternatives.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Portable? IFi Diablo is close sonically I'd say, but not quite. Diablo build quality is shabby too; the USB port fell off mine. How long have you had your Chord Mojo? Has the battery died and that's why you're off the Hugo? I've had 2 Mojo batteries die on me, never to hold a charge again.

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 5
What is the sound signature? I may not have the funds for the hugo 2, but I like the fact that it has a bit of a cold sound signature; at least that's what ive read.

I'm looking for better quality than the mojo, but I do love it. Battery is fine.

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a Hugo 2, a Mojo, and an iFi imicro DSD Signature - and I, too, am wondering where the next evolution of the Chord-level-quality in a portable DAC/Amp will come from. I am hoping it will be Chord - the Hugo 2 is a power-house, but the micro-USB interface and older Bluetooth tech are pain points.

I want to love my iFi - the specs are great, the battery life is great, but I am partial to the Chord sound with my TOTL cans: ZMF VC, Focal Utopia, LCD-4, RAD-0... Only the DCA Aeon Flow Closed are the only ones I own that pair better with the iFi than either of the Hugo 2 or Mojo.

Is portable Hi-Fi dead in the era of people not going anywhere?

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 5
What is the sound signature? I may not have the funds for the hugo 2, but I like the fact that it has a bit of a cold sound signature; at least that's what ive read.

I'm looking for better quality than the mojo, but I do love it. Battery is fine.

Cold would be nuetral sources that keep the digital etch to the upper-mids/treble presentation.

Good for headsets/iems that don't have much treble that you want it all to stay. Think like an lcd-4, or early iems with those Sonion electrets that always seem ti be implemented with a roll off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back