Anyone with a contact at Etymotic?
Feb 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
I've owned two pairs of ER4 (and 4S and 4P) earphones for almost ten years. The cable on one channel of the 4P has as short.

I confirmed that the 4P drivers were fine by swapping them on my 4S cable.

I emailed Etymotic about getting a replacement cable, and they are happy to sell one to me for $50. I've fine with that, but they are unwilling to just ship me a cable. They want me to send the drivers in for testing. The email said something to the effect that--"the cable looks like it plug-n-play, but it's really not." I'm comfortable with replacing the cable myself, and I'd rather not send in the drivers (pay for shipping, insurance, etc.).

I was hoping someone on here would have a contact at Etymotic that would assist me with simply buying a cable.

Thanks.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 6
yeah... i'd rather have them ship me a new cable in exchange for my shorted out one, but they told me the same thing. i can't be bothered to send it in, so i haven't. one day, i may buy the APS replacement cable.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 6
You can find very decent aftermarket Etymotic cable by Awwan Audio on eBay. They are more expensive than stock cable, but no where near the level of APS cable, so it might worth checking out.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 6
I always thought you had to buy that adapter that awwan has listed there as well to use those cables..i could very easily be wrong however

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 6
No, he make 4 versions that you can just plug-n-play now. The 4 versions are the usual P, S, B and a special P/S/B selectable cable, which is the pricier of the four. I also saw he sold just the connector to those who want to DIY, but not sure if he still sell them now.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 6
ohhh..that's a lot more convenient. it has been a while since i looked at that store however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back