Anyone use yurbuds+ yuradapter with IEM's?
Jan 21, 2010 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
Interesting concept here Custom Fit Earbud Enhancers: Get Fitted | yurbudsâ„¢ earbud enhancers, looks like a semi customized in ear cover for earbuds, but they make an adapter that is supposed to work with IEM's.

Has anyone used these with IEM's, specially the Atrio M5's?

I've always had a tough time with proper fit for long time wear with any IEM's, I prefer the fit of earbuds but they all sound like crap compared to IEM's

They are cheap at $20+ so I may spring for them if there customer support gets back with me that they work with the Atrio's

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 6
As long as they don't reduce sound quality I want to try them if they fit my IEM's. I find myself always adjusting any IEM I wear after 10 mins or less.

I may even go the full custom route but if these work out would save me a ton.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 6
I contacted there customer support and they say they do make an adapter that would fit my Atrio M5's. They have two adapters for IEM's one with a larger stem and one with a skinny stem like the Atrio's and they say they have not run across an IEM that did not fit either of them.

Think I'm going to try them out. You basically take a picture of your ear upload it to them and they sized it toward your ear. I don't think it's a completely custom or anything but if they get it close it may Really improve the fit of my IEM's.

It's also pretty cheap to, the custom yurbuds plus 5 types of adapters is only 25$.

I'll report back when I get them, these may be a great easy cheap alternative to custom sleeves.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 6
it seems no one on head fi has ever tried these... im eventually gonna get some yuin ok2's, maybe ill try these...

anyone?

honestly i cant imagine they sound good..:wink:

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm trying them now on a pair of Yuin PK2s. First impression is favorable.......Will report back when I have a bit more experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back