Anyone Own Insignia Speakers?
Jul 31, 2008 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
These speakers have been raved about on numerous forums over the past couple of years. I was in Best Buy last weekend and my curiosity got the best of me so I picked up a pair for $87.

I have to say, for the price they are impressive! There are several mods for them floating around the various forums. Has anyone performed any of the mods? If so, did it make a significant improvement?

Any comments appreciated...

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 5
I got them 2 years ago when there was a sale on the sale at $20 a set. So I bought 3 sets. Great deal. No mods though. I plan on getting the 26 inch Insignia LCD TV as my computer monitor and for DVD watching. Looks impressive at my Best Buy store. Insignia products impress me.
devil_face.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a pair that I picked up a few years ago when Best Buy was selling them for $40 a pair. I use them unmodded, and I prefer them to a pair of Boston Acoustic A60's I purchased in the mid eighties for $250 a pair. There's a fairly long thread "out there" on this forum about these speakers. Depending on how interested you are on various impressions of them modded and unmodded, it may be worth your while to search for that thread.

Aug 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back