anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1?
Feb 20, 2014 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

radiohead14

Head-Fier
i have the Sony H1 now, but also interested in picking up the IE 80 after seeing all the great reviews about the bass, but most importantly.. the soundstage. i'm hoping someone would be so kind to compare the two. i feel like the IE 80 would probably be the much better IEM, but are there similarities at all? how much more bass and soundstage can i expect from the IE 80? which do you find more comfortable? thank you

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 4
You would be better off with the IE80 over the H1. The IE80 has better soundstage compared to the H1.
But, the H3's soundstage is much better than the IE80. The bass are also darn good too.

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 4
  You would be better off with the IE80 over the H1. The IE80 has better soundstage compared to the H1.
But, the H3's soundstage is much better than the IE80. The bass are also darn good too.

thanks. the H1 isn't that comfortable, so i don't think i'll like the fit of the H3's, as they are even bulkier. are the IE 80s comfortable when wearing straight down? 

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, I agreed that the Sony H1/2/3 designed required some fiddling around your ear to get nice tight fit. But when you doing it for awhile, you get to know the drill? The IE80 would snap in your ear smoother.
In terms of comfort, once in, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from my pass experience with the IE80. The Sony is quite light given its size.
Everyones' has different ear shaped so, it is hard to recommend over which one really. Hence, I always based on the sound quality and price before I made any purchase would seemed to be the way to go.
I used to owned the IE80, they're good IEM too
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back