Anyone ordered from YACCO cables lately?
Jul 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 8
No emails being returned at this point, and the site now says "orders placed will now take 14 days".....
angry_face.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 8
I have been wanting to get their Whirly wisp cable for a while but have been put off by messages like these. Will have to seriously reconsider now seeing that you have waited 3-4 months. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 8
Have you seen other messages "like these"? You have my attention. I like Isaac, but something is up.

We discussed a custom build and I sent him a Stereovox digital cable almost 6 months ago. Then there was some confusion about my custom cable and it got wired wrong. 

Currently, I was told 30 days ago that it would ship "in the morning".

No response whatsoever since then.

Not trying to air dirty laundry, as I enjoy their cables (I have two pairs), but be warned.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 8
I saw another message like this recently, although I dont quite remember where. It was similar saying they have waited several weeks and not heard from them. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 8
Apparently YACCO cables isn't returning emails; my buddy sent hem an email over a month ago.

I'd avoid them like the plague.

Regarding the work he did for me, where I traded him a Stereovox cable and he had (3) cables I wanted to have evaluated prior to sale.
Quote:
You soldered the wire in as opposed to soldering onto the wire and using the screw to attach to a 'blob' of solder. The Xhadow plugs are designed so you don't have to solder!
You never sent back the $60 plug to USA Hifi
You never took the time to clarify your understanding the project. I sent phono clips and litz wire, you made an XLR cable (granted they did mail you 1m, and 1f plug so I'll let the slide, sort of).
You never responded after multiple shipping labels were sent to you in the hope you would send back the expensive other cables I sent you to evaluate , which I needed to sell.
You never responded after months when I asked you to just let me finish the project.

This guy thinks he can make some cash making cables etc. and hop on the bandwagon; when he realized there was actually WORK involved, his true colors shone.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Homegrownaudio has some nice kits for making your own silver interconnects...good first project (it was my first DIY project!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back