Anyone know Trevor Network?
Mar 7, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #121 of 139
Dragging up a old thread, but I feel I have to as I have given Trevor a bit of a slagging on it. Out of the blue a few weeks ago I received a email off Trevor telling me he wanted to settle up with me in March. The money he owes me is now sitting in my PayPal account. A year and 4 months later but hay. Hope it sorted out for you Some1X

Sep 27, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #123 of 139
Another update.
mad.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #125 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
So what's the news?

i think the news is that there's no news since march. doesn't bode well.

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #126 of 139
Man, this is depressing. I'd also spoken by PM with him about doing one for me but I got the Singlepower bug and went that way instead.

After this length of time, I'd not waste my breath with him anymore. Pursue it as far legally as you can. Scum like this deserve what's coming to them.

Sep 27, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #129 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Where is this guy located anyway?

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #130 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Send JagWire over there...
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #131 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
If anyone can help me get the remaining money from Trevor, I'll pay him/her $200.

Would that be "solicitation of a collection agency" or "conspiracy to commit extortion"?
tongue.gif

Just kidding. That guy deserves what he gets.

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #133 of 139
Probably is.

I bought a Dynahi from him and it took 7-8 months from time of order to get it. LOTS of excuses, and what seemed like out and out lies/variations on the story; and when he finally sent it to me after threat of legal action, it was packed pitifully and suffered damage.

He took it back (promising 2-day turnaround that became another month) and FINALLY got it to me working. And it WAS indeed awesome sounding.

Trevor seemed to fall into the Drew @ Shellbrook trap: trying to do something when life/work won't allow it, and making lame excuses or lying to get by.

some1x has several contact points for Trevor, assuming he hasn't changed them. Someone had told me that in Canada, you can file a small claims type of court action in Trevor's jurisdiction, and someone else can be your representative. I had possible offers of help (don't have names any more, sorry), and told Trevor that. That finally got the most positive action from him.

I had also talked with his fiancee at one point; I was very nice to her (and she seems very nice), but made it clear that Trevor owed me money or an amp; maybe that helped as well, who knows.

some1x, we're still with you on this one. Head-Fi'ers who know Trevor, it would be great if you could chime in and help!

EDIT: this is hitting low, but it may also be effective. If you have the name of Trevor's company, send emails to "generic" accounts there (abuse@, webmaster@, etc.) and say that one of their employees may be committing fraud, telling them that he agreed to send something xxx months ago and has your money.

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #134 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
EDIT: this is hitting low, but it may also be effective. If you have the name of Trevor's company, send emails to "generic" accounts there (abuse@, webmaster@, etc.) and say that one of their employees may be committing fraud, telling them that he agreed to send something xxx months ago and has your money.

No, do not do this. As a prohibited form of debt collection under the BC Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act, it constitutes harassment. Some1x or a licensed debt collector acting on his behalf can contact his employer and show up at his place of work, subject to various restrictions. An ordinary third party cannot contact his employer. It would just harm some1x's situation.

However, if anyone does have any contact information for TrevorNetwork, even if it may be old or outdated, let some1x know.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #135 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
No, do not do this. As a prohibited form of debt collection under the BC Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act, it constitutes harassment. Some1x or a licensed debt collector acting on his behalf can contact his employer and show up at his place of work, subject to various restrictions. An ordinary third party cannot contact his employer. It would just harm some1x's situation.

However, if anyone does have any contact information for TrevorNetwork, even if it may be old or outdated, let some1x know.

If you don't live in Canada or plan on travelling there any time soon, I have a feeling that extradition treaties don't apply to this sort of thing...
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back