Anyone in NYC area with RS-1's want to do a mini-meet?
May 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stuartr

Loyal member of Team Useful Post.
I am looking to try out some RS-1's and I have not really found any stores with them available for a test listen (I have not really tried either...). I have some interesting stuff that might be worth a listen...HP-2's with ultra-wide bandwidth cable, Carlo-modded melos SHA-gold (maestrobator), Omega II's with KGSS, er-4p's, yuin pk-2s... My good cd player and speaker setup are not around right now, but I do have a good vinyl setup we could use if you are into that. Anyway, my schedule is pretty flexible, and I can come to you if you don't mind the fact that I probably will not bring anything other than the headphones. My apartment is in Williamsburg, and I can host. I am open to a few people coming, but I don't want over 2-3. Don't get me wrong, I like meeting people, but if there are a lot, I probably will not get a chance to listen critically, which is the idea.

May 3, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the link Solan. The only problem with trying it in a store is that generally it is loud, you can't use your own source, amp and so on. I would rather just meet with a local head-fier who has the phones so that I can try them in a known setup. I don't think this should be that hard, given that it is NYC and there are many local head-fiers.

May 9, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Stuart, if you have a car and can get out to eastern LI, you're more than welcome to come over and try any 'phones you want. PM me.
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks Bob.
I may take you up on that! Luckily, I did get a chance to visit with Nikongod and got to listen to his RS-1's. He also fixed my Melos while I was there, so it turned out really well. That said, even though it is a long drive, I think it would be worth it to come out one day and meet you. I am moving in mid-June, so I may not have time, but I would love to do it. I will PM you about it if I get a chance to go out there. Thanks again for the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back