Anyone here upgrading to mavericks ?
Nov 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

customcoco

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello there ! 

I've been thinking about upgrading (from snow leopard) lately.... I'm still on the fence.

Has anyone here jumped from SL to mavericks ? If so, what are your thoughts ?

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Are you doing it on a desktop or a laptop? I have both and are pleased with the performance - the length of charge on the laptop has increased by a noticeable amount on my Air....

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 8
  Hello there ! 

I've been thinking about upgrading (from snow leopard) lately.... I'm still on the fence.

Has anyone here jumped from SL to mavericks ? If so, what are your thoughts ?

I upgraded one of my older Macbook Pro's. First time was upgrading through SL to Mavericks,
no problems arised nor did I experience any tiny quirks.
I then just did a clean install (which I prefer) and aside
from some driver issues with displaylink I haven't had any further problems.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Snow Leopard to Mavericks is definitely a good jump, especially with all the benefits from 10.7, 8, and of course 9.
With it being free, I don't see any compelling reason to stay at SL unless you lose compatibility with certain programs.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks everyone...

Now about that clean installation thing.

Is that really mandatory ?

Well, of course I know that it's not, but it's something I did on a regular basis with windows and I wonder if there are any "real world" reasons to do it on a mac.

EDIT : worst 1000th post ever...

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, i've been on that mac for quite a while now so a little spring cleaning might be a good thing..

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, i've been on that mac for quite a while now so a little spring cleaning might be a good thing..

Before you do upgrade you may want to do some searching about Mavericks bugs. There are a lot of unhappy users out there.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 8
So I've finally done it. Cleaned up most of the junk, then started the installer. Everything went fine (took half an hour to install) but then it restarted... It's been 2 and a half hours... I'm stuck with a white screen an apple and a rotating wheel...

What should I do ? I've got a Time Machine backup so I'm covered... Should I shut it down ?

EDIT: Seems to be working now... Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back