Anyone here only own 1 pair of headphones? How are you holding up?
Nov 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #106 of 117
Quote:
The value of my subjective feeling is mine. It's not high nor low, it's personal. I never said or pushed my opinion's on anyone else.
What's worth anything to another person, isn't meaningful to me. 

I don't even know what you're trying to get across..

Are you saying technical perspective means based off MEASUREMENTS? EARS? RHETORIC?

This isn't a Sound Science discussion, so I'll stop.

Technical perspective = how accurate particular phones are going to be in reproduction of the sound (excluding FR graph to stay exclusively with the precisement of their mechanism)... Do you know of any other way how to look at technical perfection of any pair of headphones in terms of their sound?

You started to talk about one headphone being technically better than another without supporting your feelings anyhow and so I explained my view based on objective arguments.

I can even provide measurements and support my opinion in detail...

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #107 of 117
Quote:

Technical perspective = how accurate particular phones are going to be in reproduction of the sound (excluding FR graph to stay exclusively with the precisement of their mechanism)... Do you know of any other way how to look at technical perfection of any pair of headphones in terms of their sound?

You started to talk about one headphone being technically better than another without supporting your feelings anyhow and so I explained my view based on objective arguments.

I can even provide measurements and support my opinion in detail...

Lol! I think that's what it means to you. Period.

No headphone is technically perfect, so no. 
tongue.gif

I did start talking about one headphone being technically better than the other. I don't need to support my opinion.
And I was trying not to muck up this thread with my blabber.

For example:
Technically the HE-6 has better details, more quantity to the bass and a bigger soundstage.
In fact, it's quite balanced overall. And comparatively to the HD800 it doesn't sound overly-done.

However, the LCD-3 simply is preferred. Do you want me to defend my opinion of how I could
say 1 headphone is superior to another yet prefer the other? 
rolleyes.gif

You've gotten this crazy idea that "technically" means objectively. So again 
rolleyes.gif

And again this isn't a Sound Science discussion. So respectfully your measurements mean jack.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #108 of 117
Quote:
Lol! I think that's what it means to you. Period.

No headphone is technically perfect, so no. 
tongue.gif

I did start talking about one headphone being technically better than the other. I don't need to support my opinion.
And I was trying not to muck up this thread with my blabber.

For example:
Technically the HE-6 has better details, more quantity to the bass and a bigger soundstage.
In fact, it's quite balanced overall. And comparatively to the HD800 it doesn't sound overly-done.

However, the LCD-3 simply is preferred. Do you want me to defend my opinion of how I could
say 1 headphone is superior to another yet prefer the other? 
rolleyes.gif

You've gotten this crazy idea that "technically" means objectively. So again 
rolleyes.gif

And again this isn't a Sound Science discussion. So respectfully your measurements mean jack.

It seems like you are not able to support your opinion in other way than using emoticons... I would much prefer you to stay a bit more objective.

Do you find crazy to say one device is technically better than another if it is performing better? If you have one computer that is able to process difficult calculations more accurately, than it is for sure better performing device... I cannot see any other way how to look at it but would gladly like you to explain me why I am wrong with this. However, so far, you are only trying to justify your opinion by ignoring mine without giving me any clues to see anything behind your thoughts.

Again, if you do not null every headphones' FR to be completely the same, you are not able to speak objectively on how large amount of detail it is going to offer without looking at the measurements. It seems like you are not doing one or another option. If you do not null every pair of headphones, your perception of both soundstage and quantity of any frequency is going to be fairly inaccurate.

I do not want you to defend your opinion on which pair is better for you... But I would like to not confuse other headfiers with subjective and uninformative claims about one headphone being technically better than the other.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #110 of 117
Quote:
Page 1 - 5 On topic
Page 6 +    ????

get a room guys I mean thread not hijack this one for your personal squabbles.  You could even use PMs.

I just don't want him to confuse the other head-fiers... He can for sure have his opinion about which pair he likes more but I cannot stand to see how he is trying to judge the technical superiority with his flawed ears only, without any evidence.

I apologize to all, will not continue in that discussion...

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #111 of 117
Just one, the hifiman he500. Just got into this headphone thing. So i'm quite suprised to see that so many persons own several headphones. I cannot see why i should buy an (for example) HD800 or an audeze.  Love the sound of the HE500.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #112 of 117
Really, subjective experience needs the preface "IMO and NON OBJECTIVELY."

We're coming at the term "technically" from different context.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #113 of 117
Quote:
Just one, the hifiman he500. Just got into this headphone thing. So i'm quite suprised to see that so many persons own several headphones. I cannot see why i should buy an (for example) HD800 or an audeze.  Love the sound of the HE500.

I can see why you would be happy with only the HE500. It's such a great allrounder.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #114 of 117
Quote:

If you cannot see a reason to buy another pair, I would say you are very lucky and should stay like this as long as possible 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I feel the same with LCD-2 rev2 (neutralised treble by EQing for critical listening).

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #115 of 117
Quote:
I can see why you would be happy with only the HE500. It's such a great allrounder.

Thats so true. I wanted that my first HP should be a high end model. That should make me truley enjoy the music. For me it shows that good dealer can make all the difference. For my normal setup i went trough the upgrade process for 20 years. From al that money together that i spend during those years i could buy a better set then the one i have now. (its not bad at all :) )

So a "first time right" mindset made all the difference in this process.  

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #116 of 117
I have one full size and one IEM, the AKG Q701 and the Vsonic GR01. They both have pretty much the exact same signature, so it's basically like owning only one headphone. The Q701 gets used at home, and the GR01 gets used away from home. I've become a detail junkie, so these are all I need. If I listen to a genre that benefits from a bit of extra bass, I use the bass boost on my E17. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #117 of 117
I'm but a poor-ass student without a job on the side and I basically only have a Q701 (with a nice M-Stage amp and good soundcard though :))
I do also have Sennheiser HD555's, but this still doesn't really count as owning multiple pairs of cans since I basically prefer the Q's above them for everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back