Anyone heard anything about Nobsound amps? Something smells funny...
Aug 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
I was surfing around Amazon.com earlier today, and came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nobsound%C2%AE-OmniBalance-Headphone-Amplifier-Violectric/dp/B00WU28JXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440107448&sr=8-1&keywords=violectric

A quick trip to the Violectric website gave me this:

I think to myself, What is ithis?  At first glance, this Nobsound appears to be a rebadged Violectric, right down to the faceplate design.  But reading further, it's clear that's not what it is at all.  What it appears to be is a rather shameless ripoff of the Violectric amp.  Or am I wrong?

Anyone have any further back story re) this?

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 6
A close copy?  That seems a bit generous.

Am I wrong about this?  This seems awfully shady to me..

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 6
I just did a search on Nobsound on Amazon and it looks like the are ripping off the designs of a lot of companies. I don't understand why Amazon would allow this. If someone has more information I'd be interested as well.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 6
I've been looking around for more, but have found little.  Maybe I'll pose the question directly to amazon?

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 6
Just as a question (I really don't have any further information): Are we certain that Violectric isn't having the amp OEM'd elsewhere (e.g. Violectric is just stamping their name on a product), and that this isn't just the Chinese company deciding to go "direct" on their own? I'm thinking of the Oppo/Lexicon "scandal" of a few years ago as an example of this in the recent past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back