Anyone have their Zune 120 yet ? Any differences in performance from the 80 ?
Sep 19, 2008 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Podtweaker

100+ Head-Fier
I can imagine I will get responses from those who will say( most of whom won't actually have tried the 120 yet) "The only difference is the larger drive" . While this may be true, as far as the parts are concerned, in the real world even newer generations of the older models are significantly different. I thought I read that it appears to have a longer battery charge life than the 80 does . New users speak up . What are your intial impressions so far on the 120 so far ?

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 29
I really like my 120 but didn't own the 80 to compare it. I've read it is the same expect the cosmetics. Having my entire library in the palm of my hand cuts down on all those playlists I used to have to create. I wish it came with a case though like the old 30's.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 29
I'm considering buying one of these things. Is it true that you cannot use it as a hard drive and that it does not come with a user adjustable EQ?

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering buying one of these things. Is it true that you cannot use it as a hard drive and that it does not come with a user adjustable EQ?

true

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
true

Not being able to use it as a hard drive is something I can live with, but not having an EQ is a deal breaker......ugh

Are there no good high capacity HD players?????
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #6 of 29
Said it before & I'll say it again,......... not having an EQ IS a deal breaker for most. You might not like to use it, but it' s your right to have a choice. That was the reason I'd returned my Zune 80. Now I have a Touch and I don't use the EQ, BY CHOICE! Thats 1 of the reasons Apple got my $$$.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 29
i find the clock argument stupid. There's wall clocks, outdoor billboard clocks, there's car clocks, there's watches, there's computer clocks, there's pda clocks, there's cell phones (which i'm pretty sure the majority owns). Must you have another source for time when you're already bombarded with so many?

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find the clock argument stupid. There's wall clocks, outdoor billboard clocks, there's car clocks, there's watches, there's computer clocks, there's pda clocks, there's cell phones (which i'm pretty sure the majority owns). Must you have another source for time when you're already bombarded with so many?

It's what you call a "Need Set" (In Consumer Behaviour). School is cool.

Anyhow, 120 also has more bat. life. Which is always a good factor.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zune's SQ is very clean and acceptable.

True, SQ is wonderful on the Zunes, even the 30gb.
Quote:

.Anyhow, 120 also has more bat. life. Which is always a good factor.

Where did this come from, 1 site stating it? I've yet to see the specs where it states that the batt life was improved. I'm not debating, it's more of a question really. I want to see something from MS on the info. Otherwise it's 1 site ramping up specs to make a player more desirable. That's unacceptable.
popcorn.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 29
I have a Zune 30, Zune 80, and I just got my new Zune Original 120 yesterday.
The 120 sounds at least as good. I probably could not tell them apart if tested.
The 120 may be less fatiguing, I don't know. I listened for about 4 hours last night with no fatigue. Normally I would have had a little so who knows.
LOVIN' my new Zune. I am an extremely happy camper.

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, SQ is wonderful on the Zunes, even the 30gb.

Where did this come from, 1 site stating it? I've yet to see the specs where it states that the batt life was improved. I'm not debating, it's more of a question really. I want to see something from MS on the info. Otherwise it's 1 site ramping up specs to make a player more desirable. That's unacceptable.
popcorn.gif

As i can tell, there are really no sites that came up with the research.. maybe i'll do a test to see if it exceeds the 30 hours that the zune 80 originally had.

take my advice with a grain or should i say tablespoon of salt.

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

As i can tell, there are really no sites that came up with the research.. maybe i'll do a test to see if it exceeds the 30 hours that the zune 80 originally had.

take my advice with a grain or should i say tablespoon of salt.

I think I may have seen a statement to the effect of longer battery hours on the anythingbutipod or the Zune dedicated site(can't think of it's name offhand. Not that a brand dedicated site would say something that wasn't a million % accurate, right?). That is one of the reasons I inniated this thread to try to sort through the fanboy claims. That's not to say I believe all the negative things that may be said here. I know better. Oh, by the way I now have a 120 in addition to my 80. I like it so far! EQ is not something I have used since about 1980 or so & have no intention of using again anytime soon. My attitude is (& I have my fire extinguisher ready) if the recordings or equipment needs equalization to sound correct to me then I need better engineered recordings or equipment . I have all that I need of both to keep me happy, but not many people I know are as particular about standards as I am. Carry on folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back