Anyone Have or tried the Sennheiser CX 485?
Jan 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 10
I have them and really like them. They are an excellent deal at $20.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 10
[Awesome. What's their sound signature? I heard its weak on the low end?

If you get a good seal, there's plenty of bass, but it's definitely not overdone. There's a little bit of sibilance, but it is minimal. Highs are otherwise clear, as are mids.

Note that I no other experience with IEM's, only quality external speakers. I'm interested to read about how they compare to others.

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 10
I would agree with the characterization that these phones are not bass heavy. They might be bass competent, but not heavy. Also, there is a little sibilance that may or may not annoy.

But all-in-all, in terms of clarity, they are very clear across the spectrum. I hear many details.

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 10
They look like the CX281s. I'm guessing Sennheiser's renaming their CX model line.

http://www.shopping.com/Sennheiser-Sennheiser-CX-281-Portable-Ear-Canal-Headphones/info

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #9 of 10
It looks like the CX 485 has different cables and volume control than the CX 281 has. From pictures, there's no way of knowing if the two models share the same drivers. Sennheiser has both models on their Web site, but the 485 doesn't have a "Buy" button like the other models, only a price. I thought I read somewhere that the 485 was a Best Buy exclusive model, but I got mine from NewEgg, which is a pretty reputable online retailer (so I doubt they're counterfeit).

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #10 of 10
I thought I read somewhere that the 485 was a Best Buy exclusive model, but I got mine from NewEgg, which is a pretty reputable online retailer (so I doubt they're counterfeit).

It is Sennheiser's own Web site that has Best Buy listed as an exclusive dealer of the CX 485.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back