Anybody here just pick up Grado SR-200 @Audiogon for $99?
Sep 25, 2005 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Sean H

Headphoneus Supremus
Lucky b****%rd! I just missed them. Audiogon: $99, original packaging.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ull&1132769712

The ad is not marked sold yet but he's confirmed to me they are sold.

Emailed the guy after it had been up for just a few hours. He said they sold VERY quickly. So, I figured it was one of us nut cases. So, who is it? Show yourself!
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
sean,
intuiton tells me these are the john grado made sr 200's, not the ones we are probablly interested in ; ).

I'm confused. Did you mean "these are NOT?"

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 13
please unescuse my good english...

(gah head smack)

yea, they aren't joe grado sr200s, he's comparing them to john grado cans, and mentions foward, not joe grado slang imo.

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 13
I'm wondering if these are red-lettered version from early production or a pair from later time. From what I have been told, they used different drivers and ones with red-letters are more desirable option. Either way, for $99, that's a good deal, I think. At least you get a much better headband.

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 13
Hmmm... I don't know. His assessment would seem otherwise but he's got good feedback and can't imagine he's a pulling a fast one. Unless he has no clue and the drivers in his cans have been replaced with current Prestige drivers?

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 13
say who?

He never mentions one way or the other, he mentioned "foward highs of the sr125" as a quality he enjoys about them, with out being fatiguing.

Its not a fast one, as you probablly know, john grado drivers made their way into a few sr 200's.
; )

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 13
I emailed the guy minutes after it was posted = I was the 16th view.

I said “I Will Buy Them” and pay with PayPal upon confirmation. No response until this morning and they’ve sold. I knew I was too late but tried anyways.

Items like these sell within the first 5 views. It’s called Audiogon after all. The fast sell on Audiogon is why it’s futile to post links here on Head-Fi. The don’t call it “The Gone” for nothing.

Mitch

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Its not a fast one, as you probablly know, john grado drivers made their way into a few sr 200's.
; )

Ah, could be. I thought I remember hearing that happened with some SR-200's but I'm not quite the Grado expert as some of you. Imagine if they are original and the type we all want, given the price that would tell me he certainly doesn't know this place!

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
I emailed the guy minutes after it was posted = I was the 16th view.
I said “I Will Buy Them” and pay with PayPal upon confirmation. No response until this morning and they’ve sold. I knew I was too late but tried anyways.
Items like these sell within the first 5 views. It’s called Audiogon after all. The fast sell on Audiogon is why it’s futile to post links here on Head-Fi. The don’t call it “The Gone” for nothing.

Yeah, no kidding! But why couldn't I have been the 5th viewer! There was a time, back in my darkest days, about four years ago when I was deep into two channel, when I would literally sit and refresh the "New Today" page nearly ever waking moment of the day waiting for the right deal. Who else has done that? I know you have people!
eggosmile.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #11 of 13
Someone explained the difference, if it's an hp1000 driver the part itself has a white ring on it or something...

I think someone like jahn/zanth/xanadu777 can enlighten us. If that's the case, i'd be satisfied with hf1's over these.

Sep 25, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
If that's the case, i'd be satisfied with hf1's over these.

That's true, the HF-1's are quite awesome!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back