Anybody have a picture of the Sony D-25?
Mar 4, 2002 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

The Quality Guru

Blah! he says.
Anybody have a pic of the Sony D-25 portable CD player? Haven't been able to see it or read about it? A link to some site w/ pictures or information would be equally helpful- Thanks for any help!!

Luke

Mar 4, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 9
Wow, it ran from '89 to '92!! I guess if this is said to be a very good player, then good sound must be ageless . . . because this player's looks aren't . .

Mar 4, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Wow, it ran from '89 to '92!! I guess if this is said to be a very good player, then good sound must be ageless . . . because this player's looks aren't . .

If you are saying you don't like the way the D-25 looks, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I personally think it looks as good or better than any of the new PCDP's, even my D-EJ1000. Here is a pic of the D-25 I just got from ebay.
i-2.JPG

-Keith

Mar 4, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 9
Audio equipment should look like electronics, not toys. These do look aged, but they don't look like toys like much of everything around.

When you think about it, it really does make sense that older digital electronics would sound better. What could they sacrifice to improve shock resistance, battery life, and size? Probably sound.

Mar 4, 2002 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Now all I want is a comparison between the D25S and the D-E905... hmm, that'd be interesting
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 9
Good point, RMSzero - The fact that the D-25S has few sound affecting constraints, like all of those you mentioned that affect today's players such as the pressure for super-small, shock proof players - features that really weren't as common in the day of the D-25S, thus allowing its sound to really shine. Unfortunately what too often shines in the newer players of today are their sparly metallic finish (like on the Sony D-EJ series players) rather than their sound. If both shined than I would be VERY HAPPY. to put it mildly.

And in reference to my response regarding the looks of the
D-25S, I think that the smaller players of today look more sophisticated and modern (although the D-25S does somehow have a "professional" appearance to it- it looks very solidly constructed; a very good quality). I do personally lean toward the looks of today's players more than yesterday's (but not the quality of build- something that the D-25S has that isn'y as present today) but I would rather have an ugly player with good sound- I was simply commenting on the D-25's looks alone - however I already spent a good amount of $$$ on a
D-EJ925 and I'm somewhat satisfied . . at least with its external shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back