Anybody going to the University of Washington here?
Apr 5, 2013 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mechgamer123

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got accepted to the University of Washington (Seattle campus) a couple weeks ago, and I'll hopefully be attending next year as a freshman going into computer science. I've talked with another member of Head-fi about starting an audiophile club on campus. However, we need 5 people in order to start a club. So 2 down, 3 to go.
Anyone else that's going to be at the University of Washington next year interested in forming an audiophile club?

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 12

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
Hey I go there! :D

What kinds of things would we do as a club?

Yay! I found one!
I was just thinking as a club we would talk about audiophile related things, compare and listen to each other's gear and do other such things.
I thought we also might try and organize a few meetups in Seattle as well. When we're not swamped with homework that is.
Quote:

Dangit, you got my hopes up that there was another UW student here :0

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

Yay! I found one!
I was just thinking as a club we would talk about audiophile related things, compare and listen to each other's gear and do other such things.
I thought we also might try and organize a few meetups in Seattle as well. When we're not swamped with homework that is.

Sounds good. I can't imagine meeting too often though. There's only so-much you can talk about audio. Maybe we can offer Audio 101 courses to newcomers.

Oh, and a recruitment campaign of course. :D

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yay! I found one!

Sounds good. I can't imagine meeting too often though. There's only so-much you can talk about audio. Maybe we can offer Audio 101 courses to newcomers.

Oh, and a recruitment campaign of course. :D

For sure! :D
We can offer recommendations to people on what headphones to buy and such.
And we could meet every time someone gets a new piece of gear, hehe...
I'm always happy to listen to different headphones for hours on end though. 
But yeah. Low commitment if you want to roll that way. So we can all study and such :D
Whenever any members get new gear though, expect a meeting :)

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 12

Seriously, that was worth posting.

Welcome to Seattle Mr. Mech. I dont go to UW but I hope to see you at some of the regional meets that we have around 4 times a year.

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Why even post if it's not relevant to you? 
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously, that was worth posting.

Welcome to Seattle Mr. Mech. I dont go to UW but I hope to see you at some of the regional meets that we have around 4 times a year.

Thank you very much! I do hope to attend all the meets once I get in the area! It'll be good to be able to actually start hearing some gear, since there aren't any stores or people into headphones on the east side :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #11 of 12
Hi, I go to the UW seattle, and was interested in something like this. 
Awesome! We'll have to meet up once get to Seattle and see if we can recruit a couple more members!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back