Anybody figured out the new site yet?
May 7, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #406 of 509
Thanks AxelCloris. The largest reason why I access this site is to review threads and read ones that look interesting. The new site greatly hinders that and while there may be a benefit, it's not obvious to me what that may be. Not sure how many people feel the same. Perhaps those that are interested in this could respond to get an idea of how valuable an update this would be?

EDIT: Hmmm. Guess I haven't figured out the "quote" feature yet. Here's a copy and paste for reference.
Whitetriton said:
Is there any plan or discussion to increase the limit of "New Posts" that show from 200 to something significantly greater? @AxelCloris

[AxelCloris]: We haven't discussed this, but I can add it to the list.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #407 of 509
Called having no outside life.

May 7, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #408 of 509
I havent looked through previous posts so sorry of this is already been mentioned.

If the site developers are watching.., if you are reading a 'review' and click on the 'reviews 9' (for example), so that you can click onto all of the 9 (or however many the product has) reviews it opens all of them as full reviews, like, you have to scroll down through all full reviews to find the one you want. What happened to titles that you click on to enter the review?

Also, since the update i have lost all my subscriptions to threads i was following.

If this is the wrong place to vent issues with the new update my apologies but navigating the new site is a little less intuitive as it was before

Cheers

May 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #409 of 509
I know I should keep my big, fat mouth shut, but with all that has been written about the new format I just can't understand why people can't figure out that they can easily access their subscribed or followed threads at the upper right-hand corner of their screens - both Unread and All.

The main features that are still missing for my use is the ability to search INDIVIDUAL thread (not just entire forums) and the fact that people present on a particular thread no longer shows. The latter is particularly important to me because it enhances the feeling of community on the threads that I follow on a daily basis. I don't know anything about programing, but I understand certain features we were used to simply may not be possible because of limitations of the new underlying system software. But I hope the HeadFi guys will give it the ole college try.

May 7, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #410 of 509
I know I should keep my big, fat mouth shut, but with all that has been written about the new format I just can't understand why people can't figure out that they can easily access their subscribed or followed threads at the upper right-hand corner of their screens - both Unread and All.

The main features that are still missing for my use is the ability to search INDIVIDUAL thread (not just entire forums) and the fact that people present on a particular thread no longer shows. The latter is particularly important to me because it enhances the feeling of community on the threads that I follow on a daily basis. I don't know anything about programing, but I understand certain features we were used to simply may not be possible because of limitations of the new underlying system software. But I hope the HeadFi guys will give it the ole college try.
I understand that you can access the subscriptions on the top right corner. Mine perpetually says i have '0' new notifications or messages even though when i manually go to the threads new posts have been made.
My point was, with the new site all my subscriptions have been lost, which is what i said in the first post.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #411 of 509
I understand that you can access the subscriptions on the top right corner. Mine perpetually says i have '0' new notifications or messages even though when i manually go to the threads new posts have been made.
My point was, with the new site all my subscriptions have been lost, which is what i said in the first post.
You clicked on "Uread" in the upper right hand corner and your "Unread Subscribed Threads" don't show?

May 7, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #412 of 509
How do you post a picture from a computer folder? Thanks!

May 7, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #414 of 509
Pic
GO2pro_lines.jpg
GO2pro_lines.jpg

May 7, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #415 of 509
It worked.

May 7, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #416 of 509
When you post, there is a button below the right side of the post box labeled "Upload a File".
Thanks! Looks like there might be some giant size pics posted on Head-Fi. Any way to adjust that?

May 7, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #417 of 509
Again, in the upper right hand corner click on "Unread" and it will take you to your "Unread Subscribed Threads". By clicking on "All" in the upper right hand corner it will take you to "All" of your threads. Also, while you're in your "Unread Subscribed Threads" you can access "All" your threads which is located right below. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this has been mentioned numerous times, just try reading through the thread before repeating the same questions and you'll find the answers. :beerchug:

I did notice, when the platform changed, that I was no longer subscribed to many of my previously-subbed threads. Had to hunt them down and re-sub. It's not hard to do that, just kind of a pain you know...

May 7, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #418 of 509
I did notice, when the platform changed, that I was no longer subscribed to many of my previously-subbed threads. Had to hunt them down and re-sub. It's not hard to do that, just kind of a pain you know...
This didn't happen to me, but what did happen was I was subscribed to every thread I ever unsubscribed to, so I had to go through them and unsubscribe from the threads I was no longer interested in.

May 8, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #419 of 509
image.jpeg
OK, trying out "preview post" and add pics. (This one's from a Bottlehead meet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back