Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #46 of 509
I really like the new multi-quote and how you can re-arrange the order of the quotes, etc. I like having more smilies. Mostly having headphone oriented smilies before the upgrade was too limiting for expression. It's funny cause just a day or two before the upgrade, I was thinking how I wished I wanted more smilies just to spice things up around here. :100:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #53 of 509
OK, found this thread on new site (copied over from the Schiit thread)

Okay, I'm back on line, I think. As with all changes to our ingrained routines, this new site format is going to take some getting used to. My initial take, it's not as simple and direct to navigate and use, but maybe all the changes aren't completed yet. The width of the advertising space to the right of the posts is too large and distracts from trying to read the posts. And that's probably by design. Marketing trickery, AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I Also notice:
1. In my Profile page I don't see a way to edit the Information Tab
2. Can't find the PM section
3. Not sure but E-Mail notifications don't seem to be getting to me on watched threads. I stumbled across a page with a rundown of my watched threads and cleaned up my backlog from there.

3. There's a page titled Personal Details where it looks like I can access most aspects. Apparently you edit the Information Tab by just placing your cursor in the appropriate block of info and hit "save" at the bottom of the page and get a confirmation.

4. The "Likes Given / Received" section appears to have not carried over.

I just tried this:
I clicked on my avatar in any post I made, it takes me to another page with some info on it.
I clicked on my large avatar on the left side of the page which took me to my Avatar Editor screen, now scroll down the left side to see some of the categories available from the old site layout.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #54 of 509
how do you bump a classified?

where are all the pic attachments on the classifieds?

seriously...old site was way better...

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #56 of 509
how do you bump a classified?

where are all the pic attachments on the classifieds?

seriously...old site was way better...

If it's anything like another forum I use on the same platform then it's a case of making a new post saying 'bump' or 'up'. On that forum there doesn't seem to be any way to limit how often someone can bump, so they had to add something about it to the trading rules (and have the mods actively enforce it) to stop folk bumping every few hours!!

You can add pics too but possibly the attachments for some existing listings were lost in the migration over?

Reaction there was much the same as it was here. But you do get used to it and the bugs etc. tend to get ironed out over time.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #57 of 509
While I'm sure we can all get used to the new design after you've fixed all the bugs (and there are many), the one thing that I think is unacceptable is the amount of real estate devoted to ad content. The f'ing Noble Audio ad takes up a third of the screen, and the Jerry Harvey ad along the bottom banner is ridiculously frenetic and massive. Way too annoying.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #59 of 509
While I'm sure we can all get used to the new design after you've fixed all the bugs (and there are many), the one thing that I think is unacceptable is the amount of real estate devoted to ad content. The f'ing Noble Audio ad takes up a third of the screen, and the Jerry Harvey ad along the bottom banner is ridiculously frenetic and massive. Way too annoying.

Just block them with Adblock, but still that leave huge margins everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back