Anybody familiar with Peachtree Audio SonaDAC?
May 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pharmaboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm interested in the SonaDac because their step-down, DAC-only model, the DAC-ITx, is so good (I have 2 of them). The SonaDAC is said to have a better ESS chipset, plus built-in headphone amp & volume pot. I just can't find anyone who's actually heard the thing.

Anybody have experience with this unit?

May 13, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 5
Their are other headphone amp/dac options less that the Sonadac with similar or better specs.

Using specs to judge the audio quality of a product is pure folly. Meaningless. Geek myopia. That said, the specs on the SonaDac are nothing short of amazing at this price. I wonder if you even looked at them. Its multitude of features made it a bargain at retail, now a steal at under $800. How does it sound? Awesome. Best in class. Competes with almost anything at 2-3x the price. Peachtree Audio has a history of making incredible products at reasonable prices. Now that they're all made in North America, they should be on any audiophlile's short list.

May 13, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Since starting this thread, I learned a great deal about headphone audio/desktop audio that I didn't know at the time. I've acquired some excellent DACs (Audio GD NOS 19 & DAC-19) and amp/preamps (Violectric 281; Liquid Carbon). So I'm no longer in need of a product like the Sonadac.

But I still have real fondness for the Peachtree Audio DAC iTx, which was the center of my system for 3-4 years. I liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one, used, and gave it to my brother as part of an entire desktop system I set up for him.

I like their stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back