Anybody disassembled their Yuin's?
May 11, 2008 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm thinking of attempting to open up my Yuin PK3's so that I can solder my iPhone bud cable/mic to them. From the looks of it though, the plastic pieces are glued together in many parts for how small each earbud casing is. Does anybody have any experience in opening the casing?

May 12, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 5
I have no idea why, but I somehow killed the PK3's when soldering. Maybe it was too much heat, as I'm using a really old, clunky iron. I later soldered the wire (iPhone stock bud cable) onto my sister's Marshmallows and they work great. I've been listening to them for about fifteen minutes, and I kind of feel like buying Marshmallows now...

May 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 5
i recently had my PK1s recabled by a good friend bcos of a stiffening cable issue after 9mths of so of ownership. dont about an ipod cable but we used a Koss Ksc75 cable & i can safely report that it was a significant (to my ears) upgrade in SQ - prolly similiar to when i had my ex HD600 recabled.

just a small caution but do be careful when opening the plastic driver cover. its glued seriously on & its quite easy to damage/scratch the plastic opening it to access the drivers. other than that, its pretty straight forward. goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back