Anybody dealt with old Koss R200? Looking for a modern replacement.
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

giveaway

New Head-Fier
I’ve been using this headphones for 12 years. Mainly for music recording and video post-production. I would compare any headphones with a microscope, allowing one to see the structure of the material. And my Koss R200s were a decent microscope.

But now - as their plastic headset falls into pieces, I start to consider buying a replacement for my old Koss R200.

I’ve checked so far Sennheiser HD280Pro and got rid of them next day :O))) Too “acid”, brittle sound.

Then I had a chance to listen to Sennheiser HD598 and HD650. The latter once were really close to my Kosses.

Recently I’ve checked AKG Q701. The construction looks very solid – plus it’s possible to get a coil cable for them (I don’t like straight cable at my work place) – but the sound was not satisfactory for me – lack of bass and lot of highs.

So my question is next. If anyone dealt with Koss R200 and remember their sound, what would you recommend me as a replacment? So far the best replacement candidate for me is Sennheiser HD650, but I don’t like the cable and the construction doesn’t seem very solid to me (I want to avoid bad experience I had with Koss plastic).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back