anybody been to tokyo recently?
Nov 3, 2006 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

bonethugz

500+ Head-Fier
i've been to tokyo for a few days. wow i see lots of different headphones there. of course lots of japanese headphones, can't really tell except some ath-fc7 and fc5, or es5 too. some sonys. shure e2 and e3 are common(i think i saw at least ten each
blink.gif
). some er6i and one um1. lots of px100 and px200. some k26p too. wow. and i saw there're tube headphone amps in some department store(tokyo hands?). japanese do love audio stuff i think.

Nov 3, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
東京に行きたい。

Say What?

(not for 3+ years)

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 19
I want to go to Japan for an extended time at some point. I'm infatuated with Japanese culture.

Nov 4, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 19
I was in Osaka and Tokyo a couple months ago. I went to Tower Records in Osaka, and Sam's record store in Tokyo ("Real Black Music" was proudly displayed on a sign outside the door). I never managed to get to an audio shop or really anywhere with lots of electronics for sale. It was primarily a work trip so it wasn't easy to fit in, but I was bummed anyway. Loved Japan in general, especially Tokyo. Spent most of my limited time in Shibuya, but I could spend a long time getting to know the city.

Nov 4, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #8 of 19
Experience the food.

The hiyoko at tokyo station, the okonomiyaki at osaka .etc .etc.. food is good.

Buy some blackgates.. Akihabara is a DIY heaven of sorts.. if you're determined enough you can find anything.. (except ******* opamps and SMD parts.. as I found out over the summer)

Yeah Tokyu hands carries like 3 tube amps.. but they're an awesome hobby store.. they carry a mini-mill and lathe on the basement floor (at lesat for the shibuya store)

Nov 5, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 19
Babelfish translated the above posts written in Japanese as:

"We would like to go to Tokyo."

"Me."

Doesn't seem exactly correct.

Nov 5, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75
Babelfish translated the above posts written in Japanese as:

"We would like to go to Tokyo."

"Me."

Doesn't seem exactly correct.

LOL
biggrin.gif

I love Babelfish translations.

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 19
東京に行きたい

the way I meant it, means 'I want to go to Tokyo'.

僕も

the way he meant it, means 'I do too'.

Babelfish could never hope to translate such an advanced and sophisticated langage as 日本語. It is, in fact, actually ESP with a handful of words thrown in.
biggrin.gif

実は、私の下手な日本語は恥ずかしいから毎日勉強します。

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
実は、私の下手な日本語は恥ずかしいから毎日勉強します。

Systran's not much better, I think.

The above translated as "To tell the truth, because my unskillful Japanese it is shy, everyday it studies."

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Systran's not much better, I think.

The above translated as "To tell the truth, because my unskillful Japanese it is shy, everyday it studies."

The automatic translator I use sometimes translates it as "In fact, since my poor Japanese is shameful, he studies it every day."

And by sometimes I mean a lot of the time since I'm too lazy to learn how to read most kanji.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #15 of 19
Babelfish does provide some good laughs every now and then.

Only they can turn the intended "This Audio Technica product is made of the highest quality components."

into something like: "Yesterday formally was where the fish did make quite valuable."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back