Any Prodigy fans in the house?...
May 17, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

fault151

1000+ Head-Fier
I went to see them last night in Sheffield live at the plug. Wow, what a gig! I was one of the lucky ones that got a ticket out of the 1000 on sale. I qued for 3 hours online t get them, well worth it though. They were so lively and seriously up for rocking out! The venue was jam packed, red hot with some serious bass!

Heres a few pics form the gig and link to vid's i managed to film. (I tried my best to stay still, very hard when smack ma bitch up came on!)

[size=x-large]heres a link to some of my vids on youtube [/size]

May 17, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 15
Sweet! I'm totally jealous

May 18, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 15
Lucky mate, nice one. I wouldn't have been recording if i was there, i would have been jumping my behind off to firestarter, out of space or smack my bitch up. Pendulum gig should be my next target though.

EDIT: Forgot the absolute bestest best track, Breathe.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 15
Prodigy are awesome. Im trying to get some money together so i can grab a V ticket from somewhere. (Its a music festival in England for those who dont know)

@qib: Isnt the new Pendulum album brilliant?! The Celldweller remix of Propane Nightmares is fantastic! Klayton really needs to release another album of his own.

May 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky mate, nice one. I wouldn't have been recording if i was there, i would have been jumping my behind off to firestarter, out of space or smack my bitch up. Pendulum gig should be my next target though.

EDIT: Forgot the absolute bestest best track, Breathe.
biggrin.gif

Yeh thats what i did. I just held one hand up with the camera and jumped around like an idiot! It was great.
biggrin.gif

Thats probably why all my vids are wobbly!

May 18, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prodigy are awesome. Im trying to get some money together so i can grab a V ticket from somewhere. (Its a music festival in England for those who dont know)

@qib: Isnt the new Pendulum album brilliant?! The Celldweller remix of Propane Nightmares is fantastic! Klayton really needs to release another album of his own.

Yeh you should definitely go! I've seen them twice now and they just have so much energy that the crowd feels it and goes mental!

May 18, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #8 of 15
I admit that I'm sort of a closet-Prodigy fan of their older stuff.
tongue.gif
I dont listen their music often, mostly in a car, but I like it when I do. Their live-gigs might be interesting thing to see, I can only imagine how the bigbeat bass pumps through your chest.

May 18, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #10 of 15
I'm old school. Give me Break & Enter every time. I saw them wayyyyy back in 93/94 when they were touring for Experience. It's good to see Keith is still hardcore. I detect a bit of a middle aged spread creeping up on him though!

Awesome, count me among the jealous.

May 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh its a killer! I think the best songs for it are diesel power or poison.

Poison IS my fav Prodigy song, its simply brilliant in its own simple way. The bass slam is HARD and rumble pattern around 1:50 (album version atleast. single is bit different I heard) pushes headphones extension limits on its lowest parts. I'd love to hear it and feel it on live.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 15
Few of my friends work there they said it was amazing and loud! that keith is truly insane! and they were so close they could touch them! Envy!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 15
hmmm, i read the title quickly and at first thought it said 'progday' (see ProgDay Home Page). prodigy fan no, progday fan yes.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm im still unsure about the new album in silico, been listening to it for a few days now and it just seems too 'poppy' (for lack of a better word) for me. Tracks are not comparable to the pumped up feeling you get from the hold your colour album. I dont know what it is... too many 'the killers' type vocals (which i hate by the way). Still unsure about it though, i'm sure i'll like it over time.

May 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 15
Prodigy is absolutely awesome! Long time since I actually really listened to them though. Know nothing about their newer work but I so love their old stuff. The vid was pretty cool haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back