Any other company that makes high quality cables besides ALO?
Feb 14, 2007 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
As stated in the title, I wanna know if there's anybody else can makes high quality mini to mini cables or docks for the ipod. Now when I say high quality, I mean real expensive, top notch cables, not some $20 regular cables. So far I haven't really found anywhere else besides ALO.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 31
I think there is at least one of the other sponsors who sells those. Something starting with 'Q'. But perhaps that's still to 'cheap' for you. 'Q' makes some really nice cables though.

Don't you like the ALO cables?

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 31
^

qables.com

rs1smile.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 31
Ask Qables about the solid gold cable
eek.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask Qables about the solid gold cable
eek.gif

wow solid gold cables?? i can't find it on the website. i guess i'll have to email them.

well it's not that i don't like ALO, i just wanted to know what other exotic cables are out there.

Feb 14, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #6 of 31
[AK]Zip has some sweet cables. Contact him for more info.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 31
Feb 14, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 31
wow, that 16 silver cable does look enticing! never knew that you can fit 16 wires through a mini plug. thanks killercrush for all those links.

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 31
I have purchased both a Jumbo Cryo Dock to Mini and then a Female Phono to Mini from Ken at ALO. The Jumbo Cryo Dock now has about 35 hours on it and it sounds sweet and the Female Phone has less but it also sounds sweet.

Ken was easy to work with and I am enjoying his products and would recommend them to all. I just checked out the Wyvern AG-16 Mini to Mini and it goes look really nice. If you order one of the Wyvern AG-16 Mini to Mini cables I hope you will let us know what you think of it and does it require a burn in time?

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 31
No problems Aluren !

I got myself a nice one from Apuresound ([AK]Zip cables) and I can't wait to test it with my upcoming Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed.

Cables do improve with some burn-in time, 25-50 hours should be ok.

Julien

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #13 of 31
Personal experience is that ALO is the way to go if you're looking for the high end stuff.

I have also tried the AG-16 and AG-8 from Wyvern.

Still a favorite high end mini of mine is the Zynsonix EYS. Killer silver with a really great sound and believe it or not, an amazing midrange on a silver cable.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personal experience is that ALO is the way to go if you're looking for the high end stuff.

I have also tried the AG-16 and AG-8 from Wyvern.

Still a favorite high end mini of mine is the Zynsonix EYS. Killer silver with a really great sound and believe it or not, an amazing midrange on a silver cable.

how's the AG-16 compared to the jumbo cryo or those 6 or 10 wires from ALO??

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, that 16 silver cable does look enticing! never knew that you can fit 16 wires through a mini plug. thanks killercrush for all those links.

I have one of these (AG16) from my 60gb iMod to a Supermacro IV (maxxed out). The sound is amazing and so crystal clear...but I am not quite sure what is responsible for what part of that sound without some serious A/B'ing! The package is really good for me and classical music

Ken is wonderful to work with and builds a top quality product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back