Any Other Bimmer Guys on Here?
Jul 13, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjon0nline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a long time member of Bimmerforums.com wanting to see if there are more of us on here.

My user name should look familiar since I use the same name on there...
biggrin.gif

Actually, I'm a long-time bimmernut.com (formerly bimmer.info) member, but most of us are E34 drivers. Nice to see other BMW guys around. Don't have any pictures at the moment, but mine needs paint, anyway. Just don't have the money for the materials.

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_lindemann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup...Bimmer addict here...looking to buy my third in October. Maybe the new 135i? Runty lookin, though :>

Went up to the local BMW dealership while I was out this evening. I just wanted to see the 1 series in person. It is a bit "runty" lookin, but not as bad as I have heard. The front looks pretty aggressive, but the back seems a bit stumpy. I still liked it overall.

I am 6'4, so I am not sure how I will fit in one. I was shocked that I could fit in a Mini when they gave me one as a loaner, so I am not counting out the 1 series. I looked on the BMW website and it seems that the driver room is very similar to the 3 series. I am sure that no one will fit behind me, but people are uncomfortable in the backseat of my 335i, so I am not all that concerned with it.

The 135i they had on the lot was a convertible and the sticker was $46,000. Not sure if I like it that much, but I am going to test drive one to be sure.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

The 135i they had on the lot was a convertible and the sticker was $46,000. Not sure if I like it that much, but I am going to test drive one to be sure.

I ended up test driving the 135i convertible and found it to be a very fun ride and I fit in it without a problem. Next thing ya know, I got one.

Here is a pic:

large.jpg

A couple of reasons I went with this car over the 335i. First, the 335i convertible costs a lot more. That was one of the main reasons. The 328i convertible is next to impossible to find in this area. The one I did find had so many options it was over $10,000 more than the 135i that I bought. Also, the 135i is more fun to drive. It feels quicker and more nimble. Also, I have yet to see one on the road around here and the local dealer only has two in stock. I like the fact that it is unique.

The hard top is great for winter and I would probably prefer it to the ragtop. However, I was able to pack a couple of suitcases, a camera bag, my girlfriend's gym bag, and couple of other retail bags in the trunk and still have room to open the top. Not possible with the hard top.

Anyway, I still like the 335, but the reasons above are why I went with the 135i.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #37 of 37
^ Really nice looking Bimmer.
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back