Any opinion on little Dot DACs?
Apr 13, 2017 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Scars Unseen

New Head-Fier
So, right now, I've got a pair of DT880s and a little Dot mk III amp, but my current DAC is just a cheap on I bought because my PC's sound card started generating line noise, so it's about time to upgrade.  It seems like a silly question, but I was wondering how well the little Dot DACs pair with the amp, and also if anyone had any DACs they personally think complements the LD amps.

Oh, I might also be adding the Monolith m1060 to my collection as well if that makes any difference in recommendations.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 2
  So, right now, I've got a pair of DT880s and a little Dot mk III amp, but my current DAC is just a cheap on I bought because my PC's sound card started generating line noise, so it's about time to upgrade.  It seems like a silly question, but I was wondering how well the little Dot DACs pair with the amp, and also if anyone had any DACs they personally think complements the LD amps.

I'd get the DAC III just for how nice the MkIII/MkIV look stacked over it.

Oh, I might also be adding the Monolith m1060 to my collection as well if that makes any difference in recommendations.

I wouldn't really be too inclined to use a lower impedance headphone with an OTL amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back