Any one else ever do this?
Sep 25, 2005 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MaGG

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my brand spankin' new X5 on Friday, so I've spent the weekend tinkering. The main reason I got it was to hook it up in my car so I didn't need to burn CD's anymore, and my deck has an AUX-IN port so it didn't require any difficult wiring to make it work. Well, the only problem is that it's significantly quieter through that plug then when I have my headphones in.

So here's what I did...I had it in my car, and I had it turned up [~30 volume] because that's what get it to decent volume levels. Then I got to work, unplugged it, sat down at my desk, and turned it on again. BUT I forgot to turn down the volume, and when I plugged my earphones in, I damn near blew my eyeballs out the front of my head. It scared the living daylights out of me.

Anybody else ever done this? And is there any suggestion on how to make it so I don't have to make it so freaking loud in the car so I can save my ears and eyeballs from further torture?
lambda.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Happened to me this summer about every day. I have my Ipod wired to my pioneer stereo in my car. This was DIY job, done before all this new plug and play stuff came out from monster, pioneer, etc. So my Ipod has to be all the way at maxed out volume through the heapdhone jack, because I was stuipd and didn't want to buy a pocketdock. So everyday I would use it in the car on my way to work or just driving around. Get home or get to work.....plug in headphones...BOOOM!!! No more eardrums.

My suggestion to you is to get a sik din or sik ram din line out and then use that. Headphone jack volume is independant of line out. You won't have the problem any more, and youll get better sound quaility

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Lol yeah it scared the bejesus out of me. I have the little subpack that comes with the X5, I just didn't want to keep taking it from the house to the car, because you need it to charge. I guess I could start doing that though, or just pick up another one for $8 or whatever they cost.

Thanks for the tip
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 5
I've done it a few times. I tend to use my player in the same way. I have an aux-in cable running from behind my head unit in my car and I crank the volume to use the line-out. Then I bring it into work, or home to use it with headphones and BLAM it's freakin loud. Luckily I have learned my lesson and I tend to turn it down now, but every once in a while I forget. I tend to not put the phones on top of my head until after the music is playing for this reason. I'm especially careful with the ER-4 because man that'd hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back