any must-see's in Toronto ?
May 12, 2006 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

monkeygod

100+ Head-Fier
hey all,

in toronto for a couple of days - anything i should hit ? not a lot going on at the music clubs i'm familiar with ... anyone caught that new Lord of the Rings play ?

alternatively, any good Music shops i should wander through ? Most of my cash is going to the Silver Snail, but there's always room for a *few* more CDs :p

May 12, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 13
I had a friend from overseas visit who wanted to go up the CN tower. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but took her up nevertheless.

The glass floor ended up being one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. Thought it would be no big deal -- whoosh! What a rush!

May 12, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 13
Hockey Hall of Fame
Skydome
Younge street (longest street in the world)
Horseshoe Tavern (famous pub, I think the Stones made their North American debut there)

All of these are in a few blocks of each other
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Hockey Hall of Fame
Skydome
Horseshoe Tavern (famous pub, I think the Stones made their North American debut there)

smily_headphones1.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself. With the CN tower thrown in there too...

May 12, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 13
New TV commercial:

"Come to Toronto and see our really long street!"
(cue music) "innnn onnnn-taaarrr-eeeeee-oooo!"
icon10.gif

While you're down there, Joe Badali's and Spring Rolls are popular restaurants...

Anybody know if anything's playing in DLP this weekend?

May 12, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Hockey Hall of Fame
Skydome

smily_headphones1.gif

done all of those AND the CN tower last time i was here. in fact there are few clubs in Toronto that I haven't hit since I was here for NXNE
wink.gif

May 12, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
http://www.toronto.com/events

For CDs/Vinyl check out Sam The Record Man (Sam's) on Yonge St.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_the_Record_Man

Where in the city are you staying? How are you getting around?

ah yeah ! I'd forgotten the name of Sam's, but that is a good store
smily_headphones1.gif

staying a block out from Dundas and Spadina - getting around on my two feetses
wink.gif

May 12, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 13
You're nice and central anyways. It's too bad the weather's turned bad. Have you spent any time exploring the Queen West area? There's some interesting stores along Queen St. W. The Distillery area is new, and although I've yet to visit it myself, I hear it's interesting. Yorkville, where Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bruce Cockburn, and others got their start in the 60's has gone from bohemian to upscale, but it's a great place to hang out ... in nice weather.
smily_headphones1.gif
Have you explored the miles of underground malls ? Harbourfront, down by the lake has some interesting shopping and often art & crafts events happening. Or you could audition some headphones at Bay Bloor Radio, at the corner of Bay and Bloor Streets.

May 12, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #11 of 13
When I was there last month, my cousin kept raving about needing to eat at Burrito Boy... and never took me there
rolleyes.gif

May 12, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 13
Catch the symphony orchestra at Roy Thomson Hall, there's a concert almost every night so you just gotta grab some tickets. Or if you're lucky, there might be someone playing at Massey Hall when you're in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back