Any Mumford and Sons Fans Here?
Sep 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sharkz

500+ Head-Fier
Just received my 180g vinyl edition of Babel that I have been looking forward to for quite some time. I got it a day early too! The new album definitely sounds great and keeps up what made the first one so good.

I am also relieved, the new 180g Glassnote record sounds good. I have a copy of Sigh No More on vinyl from Glassnote and it sounds terrible, lots of sibilance. I know it wasn't just an isolated instance, I tried at least two copies and both exhibited the same issues.

Anyone else fans of these guys?

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Really love these guys but am really disappointed how obviously effected by loudness Sigh No More was. I'm looking forward to getting my vinyl copy of Babel. Glad to hear it's good.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Its good, but not great. It seems like it is compressed a bit too. Its not a loudness thing though. The album is actually very quiet, I have to go far past my normal listening areas on the volume on my CTH. At least it doesn't have the sibiliance I experienced with the first one. Overall though, I like the album a lot. I need to give it a few more listens to conclusively give an opinion though.

I just wish there was another vinyl version besides the one being offered by Glassnote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back