Any Interest in a Central IL Mini-Meet in July?
Jun 21, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Oh, and this is likely to be my last meet as an Illinoisan, so it had better be spec-freakin-tacular. Maybe we can coerce Tubes out of audio retirement...

Billy, you actually going to deliver on the hot women this time?
rolleyes.gif

*Whine*
frown.gif
Stupid job.

Jun 22, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverCans
Any chance of holding it the week of the 4th? I'll be in town visiting family from Idaho!

Unfortunately, holiday weekends are difficult to schedule around. So many family outings that time of year. If you are actually in Bloomington or nearby, drop me a PM and maybe we can work out a mini-mini meet.

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #22 of 53
I want to come! I'm from Peoria.. my equipment as far as headphones is very limited... 325i, and a pocket cmoy, but I could try to bring these babies along, although I'd have to coax my friend with a truck to come too
smily_headphones1.gif

full.jpg

Jun 24, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjackson
I want to come! I'm from Peoria.. my equipment as far as headphones is very limited... 325i, and a pocket cmoy, but I could try to bring these babies along, although I'd have to coax my friend with a truck to come too
smily_headphones1.gif

You're more than welcome to come. However, I don't think there will be enough space for those so you won't need coax your friend with a truck.

Jun 24, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 53
I was just joking
smily_headphones1.gif

They arn't the most portable things in the world, meaning they are like 100+lbs fully loaded, plus three amps, active x-over, computer (convolution and source), other computer (gives commands to main computer), etc, etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjackson
I was just joking
smily_headphones1.gif

They arn't the most portable things in the world, meaning they are like 100+lbs fully loaded, plus three amps, active x-over, computer (convolution and source), other computer (gives commands to main computer), etc, etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

600smile.gif
We could be like the Maryland meet and move outside, but in this 90+ degree weather I don't think many would stay outside too long.

Jul 3, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
s dedalus

where in chicago are you? We might as carpool together if your up to it, im northside, skokie to be exact, shoot me a PM if your interested

I'm way south of you, down near Naperville. You could leave your car at my grandparents' house, and go from there, though.
Equipment I'll bring
Headphile recabled and woodied SR-325's
Mikey01 recabled HD650's
EC HD-25
modified Rotel RQ-970BX

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
And if you want me to bring it, a technics SL-Q3 with an ortofon OM-20 and a modified Rotel RQ-970BX.

I have a Sota Comet available to use with a Grado Sonata and Ray's XR-2.

However, feel free to bring some of your favorite vinyl. I have a Sota LP Cleaner with plenty of BugTussel Vinylzyme to get them in top shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back