any impression of ue900 vs gr10 vs w4
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ellis ip

Head-Fier
I using imod5.5+ttvj slim. Using hd25 now. Wondering which pair should i buy, w4 i have before , just for compair with those two , any impression on those. I finding iem with gd depth, wide , good separation of soundstage, gd vocal for acoustic , classical and soundtracks like transformer, mw3, les miserable. Or other suggestions, except shure535r , ck100 not suit my type. Also bass don't be less, can be equal to w4

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 7
I using imod5.5+ttvj slim. Using hd25 now. Wondering which pair should i buy, w4 i have before , just for compair with those two , any impression on those. I finding iem with gd depth, wide , good separation of soundstage, gd vocal for acoustic , classical and soundtracks like transformer, mw3, les miserable. Or other suggestions, except shure535r , ck100 not suit my type. Also bass don't be less, can be equal to w4

W4R with silver dragon cable. Good enough.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 7
Never found the W4 bass to be exactly balanced. Anyways, if you can't stand less bass than that the UE900s are definitely more linear and have less quantity. Stage isn't exactly deeper but it's more forward, fleshed out, maybe a bit less immersive/circular but the difference there is not too great. The GR10s are much more tactile and textured, with ample subbass relative to the Westones. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 7
More depth on the UEs from what I can remember. Did not compare them directly, only with the W4 for reference at the time.

The GR10s were even more filled out than the 900s, I recall. I think stage-wise, nothing really POPS out between the three. Fairly average presentations. Imaging-wise I do prefer the BAs to the MA on the Grados by a tad bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back