Any IEM's that give bass like k81dj's?
Apr 6, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iam basshead and i think SF5Pro are better than SF5EB(both are very bassheavy and the difference is very little in bass region). If you want tight clean bass with lots of details in mids and highs then SF5Pro are amazing for it's price range. Also Shure E500PTH are awesome(low ends woww and bassier than 5Pro). Sennheiser CX300, V-moda bass freq, Shure SE420, bose tri port are great too. BTW if you realy want to enjoy bassheavy music then upgrade your source too. I think 2G ipod nano and iriver H320 bass output are realy great.

Ahh, I'm going to be pairing these headphones with a Meizu M6.

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #32 of 40
i'm a basshead too. audiophile01, since i got the amp and ep630. what you don't like about the combo? a super fi pro wouldn't give you THAT much bass in terms of quantity. quality though. if ep630 is 5, then super fi pro is 6 or probably 6.5. k81 is 8.5.

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm a basshead too. audiophile01, since i got the amp and ep630. what you don't like about the combo? a super fi pro wouldn't give you THAT much bass in terms of quantity. quality though. if ep630 is 5, then super fi pro is 6 or probably 6.5. k81 is 8.5.

^can you say the same thing unamped?

Apr 6, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Ahh, I've been carrying my C&C/k81DJ/Zune around & it's just too much to carry around. I was pretty excited at first, but then it got too troublesome to change songs, adjust volume, etc. I just want some IEM's and something more smaller, hence the Meizu. EP630's are okay to me, but I want something new to try that's around 100-200$ range with bassss. But ahhh, your giving me second thoughts on the superfi5!

Apr 6, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #35 of 40
super.fi 5 pro has lots of bass. I've had them since october and yes, they do have a robust low end and a warm sound. Definitely get the pro instead of the EB; haven't heard too many good things about the EB. The pro has enough bass anyways. From what I've read about the k81, the super.fi pro is probably the closest match. I have listened to the k26p alot, which also sounds *somewhat* similar.

Apr 6, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainbrendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pro has enough bass anyways.

sound like you're not a true basshead
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiophile01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, I've been carrying my C&C/k81DJ/Zune around & it's just too much to carry around. I was pretty excited at first, but then it got too troublesome to change songs, adjust volume, etc. I just want some IEM's and something more smaller, hence the Meizu. EP630's are okay to me, but I want something new to try that's around 100-200$ range with bassss. But ahhh, your giving me second thoughts on the superfi5!

yea it's true bring an amp is trouble but does it make a difference
basshead.gif
as for umamp, get the 5 pro. save the eb for your upgrade next time, bass wise.

Apr 6, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiophile01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sound whipped bro.
redface.gif

Haha. Considering she bought me the 595s as a b-day present, i thought i owed her a nice pair of iems for her ipod.
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to the topic, earphonesolutions is a very reputable place to purchase IEMs. They used to have really great bargains a couple of months back but haven't seen them lately.

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #38 of 40
Keep in mind that with any supra/circumaural headphone you tend to "feel" the bass as well. While a certain iem may have the same amount of bass, it will not really be the same. Just my .02$.

I thought the um1's had quite a bit of bass for the money, though personally I didn't like them at all. Sound was very veiled. Bass still can't touch k81's though.

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

wink.gif

yea it's true bring an amp is trouble but does it make a difference
basshead.gif
as for umamp, get the 5 pro. save the eb for your upgrade next time, bass wise.

Yeah, the C&C made the k81dj's feel more alive, it definitely added a lot more bass power to my headphones. I get a little tingling sensation in my body when I play music like "Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push & Hurt Me Soul"
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. Considering she bought me the 595s as a b-day present, i thought i owed her a nice pair of iems for her ipod.
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to the topic, earphonesolutions is a very reputable place to purchase IEMs. They used to have really great bargains a couple of months back but haven't seen them lately.

Can your girlfriend buy me some super-fi5s? I'm from San Jose also
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAstrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep in mind that with any supra/circumaural headphone you tend to "feel" the bass as well. While a certain iem may have the same amount of bass, it will not really be the same. Just my .02$.

That's what I thought also.

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

wink.gif

yar, i've been found out!!
tongue.gif

I'm still a basshead when I'm ghetto blastin my subwoofer in my hood though.....
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back