Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #4,921 of 6,444
SPICE AND WOLF HANDS DOWN! I just finished them 2 days ago and i bought their novels, read up to the latest chapter of its manga and rewatching it again (yes..fanboyism but i like the show alot XD)

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #4,923 of 6,444
I'm not sure if these are animes... but I enjoyed watching Digimon and Dragonball Z when I was younger. Digimon Season 1 was the best. It started going downhill from then on. The jap version of the opening was epic, imo. I watched Inuyasha a few years back. Used to draw Seshomaru when I was bored in class.. But nothing could beat Digimon 1. :s

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #4,924 of 6,444
Quote:
I'm not sure if these are animes... but I enjoyed watching Digimon and Dragonball Z when I was younger. Digimon Season 1 was the best. It started going downhill from then on. The jap version of the opening was epic, imo. I watched Inuyasha a few years back. Used to draw Seshomaru when I was bored in class.. But nothing could beat Digimon 1. :s

Word brother.

I used to get up early every morning before school as a kid to watch it, along with pokemon too ^^.

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #4,925 of 6,444

I found comrades 
smile.gif

I also like the op and insert song. Oh boy, Koji Wada was great!  Butterfly is one of my favourite song 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Word brother.

I used to get up early every morning before school as a kid to watch it, along with pokemon too ^^.

Quote:

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #4,928 of 6,444

Quote:
SPICE AND WOLF HANDS DOWN! I just finished them 2 days ago and i bought their novels, read up to the latest chapter of its manga and rewatching it again (yes..fanboyism but i like the show alot XD)

agreed 100%

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #4,929 of 6,444
I just watched Canaan and I liked it (what's not to like really?) 

Spice and wolf was OK/pretty good but not my kind of thing lol. .  . why is it so popular here? 

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #4,930 of 6,444

Quote:
I just watched Canaan and I liked it (what's not to like really?) 

Spice and wolf was OK/pretty good but not my kind of thing lol. .  . why is it so popular here? 

Because it is really well done.

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #4,931 of 6,444
I agree. Almost done with first season, and so far I would have to say it is extremely well done.
Not dramatic, but still excellent in an artistic way. Kinda like Mushi-shi. I'm a sucker for dramatic and sad scenes, which so far haven't appeared in this anime. But can't have everything, can we? :D

And seriously, that ending. It is divine, even if they need a course in English pronunciation. Very similar in style and quality to the ending of Clannad (dango dai kazoku)

It's just annoying that my download only had subs for the first three episodes. Consequently I downloaded subs from some site, excellent quality, but these only go up to episode 11.
Need to download another release just for the subs of the last two episodes ;____;

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #4,932 of 6,444

Quote:
So i finally finished the Crest/Banner of the Stars series. and wow, that was good. I felt like Banners II wasnt as good for any sort of over arching stroy, but for character development it was important. but after watching banners III i dont really think that was necessary at all...still nice to watch though i guess. but we still dont get any real closure(hence why i dont get why it was made, it just feels kind of tacked onto the end for no good reason...) Overall though i loved the series, i thought it was very well done.

Now you see why it's one of my faves.  ^_^  I kinda think it's a character drama disguised as space opera.  Sure, there's the epic interstellar stuff going on, but it's mostly backdrop to the character development, which is really well done a kinda refreshing.  I also view the third Banner as a bookend epilogue.  Not sure how much more there is in the light novels, but I'd expect we didn't get everything, which is unfortunate.

Quote:
Word brother.

Our anime was on afterschool when I was growing up.  I was old enough to catch the tail end of Astro Boy and Captain Harlock.  Mostly I remember a little later when Star Blazers was airing.  I think Pokemon came around right after I graduated from college.  A little while later I was selling Pokemon cards to kids as an assistant store manager.  LOL

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #4,933 of 6,444

Quote:
I agree. Almost done with first season, and so far I would have to say it is extremely well done.
Not dramatic, but still excellent in an artistic way. Kinda like Mushi-shi. I'm a sucker for dramatic and sad scenes, which so far haven't appeared in this anime. But can't have everything, can we?
biggrin.gif

And seriously, that ending. It is divine, even if they need a course in English pronunciation. Very similar in style and quality to the ending of Clannad (dango dai kazoku)

It's just annoying that my download only had subs for the first three episodes. Consequently I downloaded subs from some site, excellent quality, but these only go up to episode 11.
Need to download another release just for the subs of the last two episodes ;____;

Spice and Wolf not dramatic? 

Question about Japanese Pop Music. Why do they include engrish lyrics in the middle of a Japanese song? It's almost universal.

I remember it was very hard to find decent subs for the second season. THORA put out the first season in excellent quality.

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #4,934 of 6,444

Quote:

Now you see why it's one of my faves.  ^_^  I kinda think it's a character drama disguised as space opera.  Sure, there's the epic interstellar stuff going on, but it's mostly backdrop to the character development, which is really well done a kinda refreshing.  I also view the third Banner as a bookend epilogue.  Not sure how much more there is in the light novels, but I'd expect we didn't get everything, which is unfortunate.

yeah i wouldnt call it my favorite series ever, but it  was definitely very good. Ill be buying the dvd's in my next order from right stuff for sure. And as far as the light novels go, they just continue right on with the war, i believe theres 6 of them. but i guess with the anime they just wanted to focus on Lafiel and Jinto, and after banners 3 thats kind of done i guess.

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #4,935 of 6,444
Anybody who claims to not be sucked into the digimon and pokemon craze when they're young are either lying or missing smth in their childhood 
eek.gif
 actually i still follow pokemon mostly because it stuck with me all this time...haha..plus competitive online gameplay is so much more intense than what u can find on any xbox 
biggrin.gif
 dragonball is also a classic. practically everyone from my primary highschool has watched it that time. getting up at 8.30am every saturday to watch the malay dub..haha...but quite a few of my frens bought the entire manga set though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back