Any alternatives Fiio K7 under 200$ for Dt770Pro?
Feb 8, 2024 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

laplasdvell

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I choose something for my Dt 770 Pro 80 Ohm, but for this price there doesn't seem to be much choice.
At first I noticed Fiio K7, everyone praised it very much, but there were a couple of oddities. There is a delay when adjusting the volume, non-linear volume increase, as well as a bright LED that cannot be turned off directly from the application. But what I didn’t like most of all was that on the Fiio website there is a separate driver for turning off the LED, but Windows and some other antiviruses recognize it as a Trojan! You can write in Google Fiio - viruses/malware and see people's complaints.
DX3 Pro seems to be good, but also read a lot of comments that they did not notice the difference between it and the built-in audio card.
ifi Zen DAC v2 I also found a review from a person with exactly the same headphones as mine and he also did not notice the difference with a direct connection.
So are there any alternatives to these DAC/AMP? Or maybe some interesting models are expected to be released in the near future?

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey,
The 80 ohm version isn't that tough to drive, even an Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter will power the 250 ohm version loud enough, but with zero headroom to equalize. Stacks I've had I really like are the Topping EX5/DX5, SMSL DL200 (have another one coming Saturday), and the SMSL C200 is a really good performer. The Schiit Hel was fun and needed no drivers, volume wheel is really handy on those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back