AntLion ModMic review
Jan 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
AntLion Audio were kind enough to send me a review unit of their ModMic headset-attachable microphone. You can read the review at the following link - http://www.vanillatf2.org/2012/01/antlion-audio-modmic-review-and-giveaway/

6EVBdl.jpg

Conclusion

The ModMic is a very clever product. It is relatively inexpensive, and incorporates multiple ingenious design features to ingratiate itself with gamers and VOIPers alike. Of course, these features would matter little were it not for a solid auditory performance, but thankfully this time we have a mic that is up to the challenge.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 9
I had just received a microphone in the mail from amazon to attempt a fragtality style mod (it was a different mic since those are very difficult to find these days) when I saw this. I ordered it immediately and I should get it Monday. I am glad to see you reviewed it well, I will chime in with anything. Without even seeing it yet though I can say that I am glad someone took the opportunity to jump into the microphone modding space, as there are obviously people out there who are interested in such a product.

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 9
Is this microphone actually any good? Im using the Labtech LVA-7330 at the moment.. Whats better microphone sound quality wise and durability?

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 9
I've been thinking about getting one of these. Just a few questions before I do.

1. How easy is it to remove the adhesive? Not that Im planing on removing it after I put it on but if I needed to....

2. Not that is should but, does this modmic void warranties?

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 9
The modmic shouldn't void warranty because you can take it off and clean the area where the 3M adhesive was. I am not sure how hard it is to take off, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult.

The mic quality is good from what I have been told by my brother. A step up from my previous headset (creative fatality usb headset). I really like it, just waiting to get a new set of headphones to use it full time.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 9
I've been thinking about getting one of these. Just a few questions before I do.

1. How easy is it to remove the adhesive? Not that Im planing on removing it after I put it on but if I needed to....

2. Not that is should but, does this modmic void warranties?

1. Pretty simple, it just peels off without any residue. However you won't be able to reuse the base after you stick it on the first time. I talked to AA about this and they are considering including additional sticky pads with the two bases.

2. Nope, it's surface mounted.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 9
just found this via google, i have a logitech G35 but i really wanna use my cans while gaming with friends, unfortunately they are sold out everywhere so looks like I'm waiting some time to get my hands on one, well done review though bcpk

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #9 of 9
I have been using 1 for about 2 months now and I love it.  Easy to set up, great sound, according to others.  They are really easy to place with the sticky pad and are still flexible enough to move around a little bit if you happen to be off a bit on your placement.  The best part for me is that once you get it in place it stays.  The mic end doesn't seem to wiggle out of pace or want to drop down by itself.

AntLion's customer service is great as well, as I needed a few more magnetic dots for other headphones.  After a few emails to their CS department I had more at my door.  The email response time was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back