Another idea for the lazy interconecter
Apr 24, 2003 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neophyte

100+ Head-Fier
Has any one tried to use a cat5 conecter inplace of RCA terminals? The thought has passed my mind a few times. I'd just have to hack a RCA into a cat5 plug. Hay one input is better than taking the time to do two right? Besides a cat5 will then lock in. Could be done for headphones as well.

Anyone......?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 7
No but you can pick up a Cat5 cable termniator (crimper) for $10 and I know that digikey has the female receptical for them. (They also have the crimper, and the male terminator ends)

Apr 25, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 7
I'll be using a RJ12 connector for power on my META42 to be. In normal operation there will be a plug that connects the batteries in series and on to the amp. When charging, the batteries are separated and I will hotwire a regular 2x9V charger so that the poles for the batteries are lead out through a cable and to the batteries. This allows me to use an ordinary dual 9V charge to charge the batteries in the enclosure. I can also connect an external power source easily to pins 1 and 6.

Quote:

Apr 25, 2003 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 7
I really like this idea... I hope someone does it soon and reports back. (nudge... nudge.... please)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back