Another gym headphone question.
Jul 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

braiseworth

New Head-Fier
I need a new pair of headphones as the last pair went through the wash :/. Anyhows I don't want a £50 pair I want something properly decent. I listening to my mates shure se846 and loved them but can't justify the thick end of a grand for running and gym work lol anyways some help and guidance would be awesome :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 4
errr you dont really give much to go on.

sooooooooooo my generalist suggestions are GR07 or DN-1000.  ill also chuck in the RHA MA750 as if your gym and running its ear guides and super sturdy build might appeal.

if you fancy a Shure then look to the 215 but really for the cash you get better audio quality from less mainstream brands such as i have mentioned.

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 4
I need a new pair of headphones as the last pair went through the wash :/. Anyhows I don't want a £50 pair I want something properly decent. I listening to my mates shure se846 and loved them but can't justify the thick end of a grand for running and gym work lol anyways some help and guidance would be awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Shure SE846, and it is a great workout IEM, once you invest in the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves, as it thwarts sweat like no other.

I got some brand new shure 425 for a bit of a steal and actually quite like them. I'm surprised how good they actually are.

That's great!  You can get the SE846 for a deal as well if you look around.  I got mine months ago for less than $800.  Check out the Shure SE846 Impressions Thread as well for impressions (warning, the posts do sound like it's a cult though, haha).  I came from a Shure SE530, and the biggest difference was the bass - visceral, called upon only when requested, and you feel the music.  Adding the custom sleeves turns the universal IEM of the Shures into a true custom IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back