Announcement: The Edition 6 is Dead
Mar 17, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #31 of 314
I have been reading this for almost a year, "Sennheiser HD 800s is the best dynamic driver headphone out there". Does this imply it is inferior to the planners in the same price range, like Audeze LCD-X, HifiMan Edition X V2 Mr.Speaker Ether Flow?
If yes, why people try hide the fact and say it is the best dynamic driver headphone?

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #32 of 314
I have been reading this for almost a year, "Sennheiser HD 800s is the best dynamic driver headphone out there". Does this imply it is inferior to the planners in the same price range, like Audeze LCD-X, HifiMan Edition X V2 Mr.Speaker Ether Flow?
If yes, why people try hide the fact and say it is the best dynamic driver headphone?

There's no best of all, these are all quality headphones with different tuning/shape/weight/looks/price, just try to find the one that suits your preferences, recordings and equipment the best.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #33 of 314
I wish they would put a bit more time into things before they release them.

A couple of years ago, the HE6 was the flagship and how many headphones have they released since then? I can see why consumers might be hesitant to purchase a high end Hifiman product - there's just no confidence that there won't be something better out in 6 months time which makes your headphone purchase obsolete. And to say that this is the 4th prototype since it's announcement and that is way better than the first is just crazy - just work on it until it's as good as you can get it and THEN release it. I may be biased toward Abyss because I own one, but that's what they did - worked on it until they couldn't make it any better. I can understand if they can do better 5 years later, but not every couple of months. If someone's going to shell out that sort of cash, they want to be very sure there is no compromises.

Well said

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #34 of 314
i bet the v2 will be a very excellent sounding headphone. let's call it punarjAta

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 314

There's no best of all, these are all quality headphones with different tuning/shape/weight/looks/price, just try to find the one that suits your preferences, recordings and equipment the best.

@xLoud these two reviews sums up nicely how the best phones can be the worst at the same time, depending on what u looking for :p

https://youtu.be/uhW2OKfzSmg?t=860

https://youtu.be/iatXeHVwydA?t=371

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #37 of 314
I really don't think this thread is a very good idea.

Renaming the headphone is probably ok from a marketing perspective, but publishing the new name right here where most readers already know about Edition 6 and Edition 6 thread and HE1000v1/v2 complains, I don't think so...

I don't know whether Hifiman is selling well or not these days, but I think team Hifiman needs to humanize and go back to basics in order to win Head-Fi back. The vast majority of customers want:

1- Affordable quality (As much as possible)
2- Real warranty and kind support.
3- To be heard (If people say uber-plywood looks cheap, then it looks cheap, period. Change it for something else and make customers happy.)
4- Predictability (No one want's to buy a headphone thinking a new version can come out anytime)

I understand Hifiman don't want to miss the +3000 usd headphone market, nothing wrong about selling very expensive luxury / state of the art products to the niche of people who can and want to pay, but just as Sennheiser with the HE-1, it's more healthy to expose those particular products as pieces of art instead of pushing them as reasonable upgrades to your previous and much cheaper headphones (HE-6).

My two cents,
Me x3

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #39 of 314
i agree with @Me x3

tho i must add that in this case there is no comparison between the two products, and no way they could be marketed in the same fashion (each in its price point of course)

he-1: developed for years, even researched the perfect membrane thickness, new cool class A 'power' amp integrated inside the headphones' frame for maximum performance, no compromise in luxury materials and craftsmanship etc.

edition 6: just added a fazor/fluxor effect, only it is the magnets that mimic the effect directly

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #41 of 314
It would be Punarjanama or rebirth. V2 of the Susvara.

ahh i see.my apology. i'm not an expert of sanskrit. so which one do you think the rebirth concept would be closer to with hex or he1000? or they might even try a whole new concept of "V2" cause you know, apparently this new headphone doesn't belong in he nor edition class. either way pretty sure the soon to be owner of this headphone would ended up very satisfied and happy of their purchase

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #42 of 314
So many headphone releases from Hifiman.. gah.. I'll just enjoy my HE-560 and be done.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #43 of 314
  Those that heard it in CanJam Singapore or any other shows that had the prototype, how did it compare to HE1K V2?

My impressions here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/839662/canjam-singapore-2017-march-11-12-2017-impressions-thread/90#post_13336320

I think the SUSVARA was one of the good cans at the show. In general speaking to a few friends who tried it they also had positive things to say. For me, the difference was even starker when I AB-ed against the HEKv2 they had there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back