Anime losers meet headphone geeks!
Jan 25, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 589
why do you hate anime?

thanks for the links btw, these are funny
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 589
You probably would really hate me, then.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Not only am I an anime and manga fan, but I'm also a J-Rock/J-Pop addict. Muahahahaha, I shall devour your soul! Ph34r me, puling worm!
icon10.gif

That first drawing someone here is using as an avatar, I noticed. Good artwork though.

Edit: Guru, your signature ROCKS!
icon10.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 589
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
You probably would really hate me, then.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Not only am I an anime and manga fan, but I'm also a J-Rock/J-Pop addict. Muahahahaha, I shall devour your soul! Ph34r me, puling worm!
icon10.gif

you're quite keen

and why are you insulting me in norwegian

Jan 25, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #9 of 589
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
*cough* you never said why you hate anime.... i'm curious. usually people need reasons for having opinions. at least people who wish to be respected and listened to
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Because it's irritating, ugly, and abominable and in pretty much all cases devoid of any entertainment value outside of leery Japanophilia.

And anime breeds anime fans who use the internet -- 13-year-old boys with anime-girl avatars who type like KeKe KAWAii desu ne?? ^^; <.< ^_- x.X kekekekekekekeke

i hate them and i hope they die

Jan 25, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #14 of 589
Ooh, a fun thread! Here's my rant on why I dislike fanboys!!!

I personally don't hate anime at all, but I do hate anime fanboys (the really obssesed ones), who dream about fake women and think they're cool cause they think they're different. (I used to be in the early stages a while back, thank goodness I regained most of my sanity)
tongue.gif
Not to mention that many anime fans talk lots of s**t about the "normies" and anyone else they'd be afraid to say anything to face-to-face. (I made that normie thing up, I hope)

The handful of obvious anime fans I've personally met were weirdos who kept thinking I wanted to be their friend cause I was asian. Righhhht. I really wanted to tell them to shove it. You're real cool cause ya got the money to buy expensive anime cds + posters and ya're into "asian" culture (cough*bulls**t*cough), yea us pathetic fobs (we all are to you guys, aren't we) really want to be your friend cause you're upper-class and the bomb! And another thing, if you can't get american girls/guys, why the hell would you think asian women/men would want you? Hell, even animated ones wouldn't touch ya. =)

One guy who was in my comp class looked quite crazy and kept trying to stare me down. (like he wanted to fight me to look cool, ya know, take on the tough asian guy) I was *this* close to taking him and his fat friend out to pasture. I still stereotype the typical american anime fanboy as a social outcast who can't get real women. Or at least good ones that don't need paper bags. I've yet to meet one who hasn't fit this. I've even met online asian-loving fanboys who were disgraceful, sick, and utterly f8ed up in the head. Probably at least half the anime forums out there are filled with these guys. I'm also tired of being hit on by ugly american girls who think I'm japanese or korean. I ain't either. And I won't pretend to be. And no, we do not all speak the same language.

Saying that, I do enjoy asian media. But I do not have posters on my wall, dress like anime/game characters, or collect gundam toys or anything. It's a personal interest, and I do not/try not to flaunt in everyday life. I'm a bit hypocritical here I know, so everyone, save the speech. If you do "embrace" it, fine, but it doesn't make ya any more special than anyone else. So don't think you are.

And now, I will become even more hated on head-fi.
tongue.gif
Also, as for the link, I think the pics look pretty cool.

(If you're a reg. fan, this doesn't apply to you. I like anime to some extent as well. This post is to all the crazy obsessed guys I've met over the years, the ones that are close to being scary. and aeriyn, I hope I don't offend you especially, since I'm quite afraid of you
wink.gif
)

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #15 of 589
i think the whole fanboy thing is overblown. i have yet to see an anime junkie thats seriously out of his mind over the past 20 years (18 years in hong kong - a small, densely populated city thats strongly influenced by japanese culture).

time to ditch those stupid tasteless animes out there like love hina and watch something thats actually interesting.

oh some of the links up there will probably bring out non-headfi-friendly stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back