Android: Neutron Music Player
Oct 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #301 of 1,375
I can't say if that's right or not since I don't own those headphones but that's certainly the idea. It's worth us all remembering though that 'flat' isn't necessarily ideal since our hearing & tastes are all different but it's nice that Neutron at least gives us the opportunity to alter the sound with a much better degree of accuracy.

In fact our perception of FR changes with loudness and varies somewhat with the individual. Hence Loudness Contour or Fletcher-Munson. You might prefer more bass and treble at lower volumes. Maybe even have different EQ settings for loud and low volume listening sessions. My solution is to listen somewhat on the loud side. 
eek.gif

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #303 of 1,375
November 7th 2014 update from Neutron:
You might want to wait on this one and see what others have experienced with this.
HTC 816 Quad core 64 bit
I got skipping.... emailed the dev, and found the previous apk and manually installed it after a quick reboot with poweramp, hummmm I really like Neutron!
I did try adjusting the ms slider and ran in 32bit before I dumped it and tried the previous version.

There's just so many configs out there running on phones. I'm really surprised that apks aren't broken more often.

Edit: Update info, Dimitri told me to switch to the generic driver. If that helps anyone...great.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #304 of 1,375
Awesome app, but if you use file sharing on your windows pc it's a PITA. When you disconnect from the wi-fi network you lost the library and you have to restart your phone or force close the app, then re scan the library, it's weird but I blame windows 8.1. I'm going to use a raspberry pi and an external hard drive to create a smb file sharing device, hope it solves the problem.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #305 of 1,375
HI,
I am using trial version. SQ is really good. I can hear difference as compared to poweramp.
But UI is not easy to use.
Its crashing repeatedly, message I am receiving is to clear cache and register. I have cleared cache but not able to register. Whats way out?
Regards,

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #306 of 1,375
  HI,
I am using trial version. SQ is really good. I can hear difference as compared to poweramp.
But UI is not easy to use.
Its crashing repeatedly, message I am receiving is to clear cache and register. I have cleared cache but not able to register. Whats way out?
Regards,

Hi friends,
Any solution please?
Trial version is crashing repeatedly. Even it does not last for one minute, it says : 'trial period is over. Kindly purchase.'
Kindly guide please.

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #307 of 1,375
  Hi friends,
Any solution please?
Trial version is crashing repeatedly. Even it does not last for one minute, it says : 'trial period is over. Kindly purchase.'
Kindly guide please.

Is the trial period over? In any case email the software developer or use their support forum, link below:
http://neutronmp.com/neutronforum.html

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #310 of 1,375
I have a Fiio X5 as my main player. I bought Neutron for my BlackBerry Z10. It's a native app from Bbw. My music is all lossless Flac with a lot of 24 bit, high resolution albums. The Neutron plays these files in native resolution. I don't use eq on either device and the SQ on the Neutron / BlackBerry rivals the Fiio. I give a slight edge to the Fiio, but I think the cross feed function on Neutron is worth having; I wish Fiio would add it. If you have lossless music and a decent dac in your phone then Neutron is well worth buying.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #311 of 1,375
I have a Fiio X5 as my main player. I bought Neutron for my BlackBerry Z10. It's a native app from Bbm. My music is all lossless Flac with a lot of 24 bit, high resolution albums. The Neutron plays these files in native resolution. I don't use eq on either device and the SQ on the Neutron / BlackBerry rivals the Fiio. I give a slight edge to the Fiio, but I think the cross feed function on Neutron is worth having; I wish Fiio would add it. If you have lossless music and a decent dac in your phone then Neutron is well worth buying.

Same here, BB Z10 with Neutron, initially had some clickin sounds but seems gone now after the last update.
Any idea if it is possible to stream music stored on my Synology NAS over the Internet. NAS is at home and would like to stream to my Z10 while at work. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #312 of 1,375
Anyone uses a collection of FLAC files sharing from PC to Android phone with Neutron player ie. streaming audio? How can I do that..? On my PC I use Foobar2000 and on my HTC One - Neutron.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #313 of 1,375
Anyone uses a collection of FLAC files sharing from PC to Android phone with Neutron player ie. streaming audio? How can I do that..? On my PC I use Foobar2000 and on my HTC One - Neutron.

Yes, share a folder from Windows, then, in Neutron, go to the library and add the local network path. For example smb://192.168.0.105/music

If you want to check that the network filesharing is working, dowload ES file explorer, scan your local network, the name of your PC should appear and you should be able to read files.

Here is tutorial fron Microsoft on how to share folders http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/share-files-folders#

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #314 of 1,375
Yes, share a folder from Windows, then, in Neutron, go to the library and add the local network path. For example smb://192.168.0.105/music

If you want to check that the network filesharing is working, dowload ES file explorer, scan your local network, the name of your PC should appear and you should be able to read files.

Here is tutorial fron Microsoft on how to share folders http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/share-files-folders#

Thanks, but at this I`m complete noob.. Is this - smb://192.168.0.105/music .. it`s my ip address and shared folder?

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #315 of 1,375
It's your local IP adress, in your computer press Windows+R, type cmd, then type ipconfig /all

Look for the line that says IPv4 Adress, in my case says 192.168.0.105. Do not confuse this ip with your public IP, here you can see your Public IP adress http://www.whatismyip.com/

here are a couple screenshots from neutron so you can find how to add your remote folder. Go to sources, pick the PLUS icon, select network and wait, you will see your computer's ip adress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back