And Winter Came by Enya
Nov 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Audio-Omega

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone listened to this album ? Amazon/YouTube has a video of one of the songs, Trains and Winter Rains, it's not bad.
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 18
Caught me by surprise when I heard about it but I tried my sister's copy a few days ago: IMO, it's the same Enya (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I might add).

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the sound quality as good as her last album ?

Do you mean Amarantine ? I'm not sure if I have that anymore...or where it is.
ph34r.gif

edit: I realized that I have Amarantine ripped to 320 kbps mp3 on my iPod. I have also ripped the new one @ 245+/-(VBR). I think this new release sounds as good if not better...huge soundstage, her voice is very clear. Nothing to complain about.

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 18
It's a bit like a Christmas album. Most songs are slow, not that it's a bad thing. My only complain is that most songs are short, they should be at least five minutes long.

One song reminds me of my trip to another city a few years ago. I was watching trains going pass in a winter rain.
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #9 of 18
Her song "stars and midnight blue" is unique. It brings back memories, and Enya's photos in that album reminds me of someone, she has dark hair and bright eyes.
redface.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only Enya I have is the one with Orinico Flow. Does she have better albums than that one?

If you heard Watermark and Shepherd Moons, you've heard it all.

While her recent works are more "pared down" than before (some songs in Amarantine sound rather like contemporary folk), Enya shows no significant artistic development over the decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back